New build

Stoeger’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have original wood floors in my house that was built in 1946 and I will be Doing a 120 build but I would like to do something to contain any possible leaks from damaging The wood floor any suggestions?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Stoeger’s Reef

sorry so slow responding. First would love to say #WelcimetoR2R

i bet those are great floors. The quality was better back then. Guessing some type of a solid hardwood..

First do a thorough leak test on the tank during set up. Once full make sure if there is a power failure the sump has enough room to hold whatever water drains down from the tank. Alternative is make sure the tank has enough room to hold the sump water should a drain get blocked.

For smaller leaks is a leak detector attached to something like an Apex that can shut off pump and send alerts. Another idea, but more custom would be a pan underneath. It would need a drain line, otherwise the pan would not hold much. If there is a catastrophic failure such as a blowout, there’s not much that can be done to contain it I can think of. Luckily those are few in numbers.

you should start a build thread so we can check it out.

OP
OP
Stoeger’s Reef

Stoeger’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on doing a build thread just getting more stuff together before I start almost tempted to put a floor drain in was also thinking of tiling that section of floor

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back