New but old all at once

Jtank78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping fish for over 20 years from community fresh water to African cichlids to salt water, I currently have a 75 gal I want to set up but I have been out of salt water for some time but will be getting back into it soon, what would everyone suggest there favorite filtration and lighting; I would like to get a few anemone and some other corals. thanks for your opinions.

thanks again jtank78

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R- and welcome back to saltwater! :) As for anyone's favourite filtration and lighting you will probably get as many answers as there are reefers! ;) It's all about the right tool for the right job.

I run a nano tank with anemones only. A Red Sea Max Nano lit by a Red Sea ReefLED 50. No skimmer, just some filter cloth and weekly water changes.

It's all about what you want to do and what livestock you want to have. If I could only pick one piece of filtration, I would go with a big refugium! But you're asking a question with no right or wrong answers..

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0.png

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! There are many all in one kits for reef tanks that include the lighting and filtration you will need. Though some have success, most Reefers don't use canister filters or the hang on back style. But definitely doable with the right maintenance routine. I suggest researching which style of tank you want, (All in one, sumpless, with sump, etc.) and build the filtration around it. Lighting is a personal choice, as most lights will grow coral nowadays. Good luck, and Happy Reefing!
gif_1690809774163.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back