New Cade Pro Reef 1200 S2

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

So thought I would share some pics of my new tank after upgrading from my first salt water tank a AO 160 Mini Reef. Long time viewer of this forum that has given me so much info but I don't post enough sorry !

Tank is a 4ft Cade Pro Reef 1200 S2

Equipment:
-Ripple 12k return pump
- 2x AI Prime HD's (once i start with corals again probably look at Red Sea 90's of Hydra 32's)
- 1 xAI Nero 5 Wavemaker and will add another one soon
- Coral Box 300 skimmer (needs an upgrade)

Livestock:
2 Oscellaris clowns
1 Yellow Tang
1 Blue Tang
1 Melanarus wrasse
3 Dispar Anthias
Trochus, Conch, Nassarius, Turbo snails.

Looking to add a flame angel and perhaps a foxface, happy to hear other's opinions on this ?

Trying to keep it simple as possible and not running any media reactors etc. as yet, had some decent success with old tank running NoPox, Phosguard and Carbon in a media bag only so see how this goes. I do like the idea of the Clearwater type algae scrubbers so will probably head that direction when/if i need to.

I am certainly impressed with the difference in quality and how much quieter this tank is, apart from a slight hum from my skimmer pump is dead quiet and at the start i had to keep checking water was still circulating !!!

No corals in yet (apart from 1 GSP) after Dinos wiped out everything in my old tank about 6 months ago I left it fish only until it was stable again.

IMG_1214 2 copy.jpg
IMG_3013 copy.jpg

IMG_3090 copy.jpg

Keiran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an Aussie too. I'm looking to buy the Cade Reef Pro 600 /S2. How are you finding your Cade so far? Did you encounter any problems when setting it up, or since?
As for setup, I'm going to buy an Ekorol lite and might run a refugium with a Tunze light.
If you haven't already I recommend joining your local reef club. I'm a member of the Marine Aquarium Society of WA. Not only do I get great advice, but I also get discounts at all the Aquarium shops in Perth.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an Aussie too. I'm looking to buy the Cade Reef Pro 600 /S2. How are you finding your Cade so far? Did you encounter any problems when setting it up, or since?
As for setup, I'm going to buy an Ekorol lite and might run a refugium with a Tunze light.
If you haven't already I recommend joining your local reef club. I'm a member of the Marine Aquarium Society of WA. Not only do I get great advice, but I also get discounts at all the Aquarium shops in Perth.
Welcome to you as well!

coral_crinoid_chimney_787med.jpg

OP
OP
D

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No issues with setup and all is working as it should, only have an issue with one of the front doors that isn't aligned properly so going to have to contact Cade to see if they have any tips on getting it square but haven't had a real good look at it yet...

I was looking at the Ekoral as well mainly for monitoring reasons, I don't travel for long periods usually but do travel often so would be good to keep an eye on things remotely.

Keiran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're running an Ehiem style heater. They're very reliable and cheap as they use a very simple analog system.
The only very remote problem is they can get stuck in the on position (usually after years of service).
I use one of these, you can run two heaters and fans or a cooler plus they're cheap.

OP
OP
D

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an update on the doors , I had a look and figured out how to adjust the doors and now they are a lot better. So now as far as tank hardware goes no issues now.

But now I am getting a bit of a diatom and green algae bloom... after swapping all bio media (balls and bricks) I have not had any ammonia or nitirite spikes and my nitrates are slowly increasing so I know that is working but i guess the diatoms are feeding off some of the new rock and sand I used during the swap.

Any suggestions on using a product like Vibrant or similar to help the tank along in building beneficial bacteria or just let it run it's course ?

ah new tank fun !!!

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the tank coming along? Now that this is coming to the US, I’m highly considering this tank for my next build.

OP
OP
D

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the tank coming along? Now that this is coming to the US, I’m highly considering this tank for my next build.
Tank is going well, just going through the diatom burn out stage and adding coral and fish slowly. Im happy with the tank only thing is i should have gone bigger lol. The cade is definately an option for those considering a Waterbox or Red Sea etc. like i was. I am not sure of US pricing but i think even if it is a bit more thank WB and RS you have to consider the cabinet is not wood, power management, side doors etc. they are all a plus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank mate, im running the 1500, i just started a build thread also, go check it out. have you managed to get any corals in yet?
Yes I am kicking myself now i didnt get the 1500 will check out your thread, the 1200 looked huge compared to what i was used to but now it looks normal !!! Slowly adding coral and fish its a bit hard at the moment with non essential travel trying to keep my visits to LFS to a minimum.

OP
OP
D

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is an updated photo, have added some new equipment and livestock to the tank since first post:

Have been focusing more on stability and getting some good equipment.

Corals - blastos, torch, hammer, duncans, favia
Fish - my new favourite a Magnificent Foxface

Equipment added:

- Neptune Apex EL BRS edition, very happy with this for monitoring as i travel a bit and also ordered a DOS yesterday (hoping to get a trident in future).
- Kamoer X1 dosing pump for Alk, will be replaced by DOS but will still use this for dosing Reef Energy perhaps.
- 2nd Eheim Thermocontrol E heater and Inkbird smart controller.
- 2nd AI Nero 5, with the 2 of these I am getting some good flow now and corals are definitely loving more flow.
- Red Sea RSK-600 skimmer.
- Radion G5 XR15 PRO lights to replace the AI primes were ordered yesterday.

IMG_1446.jpg

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is going well, just going through the diatom burn out stage and adding coral and fish slowly. Im happy with the tank only thing is i should have gone bigger lol. The cade is definately an option for those considering a Waterbox or Red Sea etc. like i was. I am not sure of US pricing but i think even if it is a bit more thank WB and RS you have to consider the cabinet is not wood, power management, side doors etc. they are all a plus.
It’s USD 2,900 or 3,200 if you go up to the 1500 and that’s on a preorder sale. Would love to do that but it would make the space I can put it a bit cramped. It’s $200 more ($300 more if I were to bundle with the Hydra 32s) for that which I would be fine but my wife really wants a white stand. The other thing is that I’m not sure I need the built in power management if I’ll get an Apex for it or would want to use a smart surge protector.

Wolla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had the PR1200 reef 1st model for 2 years now.... great tank. The 1500 was just out of my price range

15877012732657342469488820719125.jpg 15877012966628229711998814333797.jpg

sfboarders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I'll most likely get this tank but trying to talk my wife into getting the 1500 S2. :D Did you have to remove the ATO cover in order to mount your lights?

OP
OP
D

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I'll most likely get this tank but trying to talk my wife into getting the 1500 S2. :D Did you have to remove the ATO cover in order to mount your lights?

Thanks !

With the AI prime mounts I can still leave the ATO cover on and it is just kicked up a little bit and rests on the bracket, looks ok and you can probably just see it in one of the pics. Now i have the Radion's on the XR bracket is larger so it sits up a bit more, still looks ok and I am not too fussed about it.

JMac82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, I'm trying to figure out how I can squeeze a 1500 in but am probably going with a 1200 like yours.

Plaidjoker1321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I revive this thread? How is the tank!?! How is the equipment? I'm thinking about purchasing one and would LOVE to hear what you've been up to and how the tank has been treating you!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back