New Candy Cane owner

Manuelnvrz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
14
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this candy cane from a tank with bad water quality. It's my first Candy Cane and not sure about behavior and what to look for. Good/Bad signs.
6467f5361b6f7795669857cd14a67753.png
 
Looks good to me I have a little candycane forest they can take a few days to a week to open fully
1474941614451.jpg

Nice! How long do they take to split? Mine hasn't sent out any tentacles at night either :-/ anything special I need to know about them?


I also noticed your deep deep sand bed lol
 
Ya I like a 6 inch sand bed myself

I just have them in good light with a medium flow I don't feed them, they can grow fast once there happy I just got a few one and two heads of the red/green one they are in poor shape ill try to get a pic of them now and in a week or so (hopefully they recover quickly I need more color in that forest)
 
Ya I like a 6 inch sand bed myself

I just have them in good light with a medium flow I don't feed them, they can grow fast once there happy I just got a few one and two heads of the red/green one they are in poor shape ill try to get a pic of them now and in a week or so (hopefully they recover quickly I need more color in that forest)

I have mine under a AI prime HD at about 30%
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new