NEW CARTOON CAPTION CONTEST WITH 3 WINNERS !!! (#1)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR.......... Dad fish SWIM UP_STREAM!

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waiting.jpg

Lissa1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope everything is ok, or atleast headed in the right direction, but can’t any of the other admins help you out with this contest? Is there a way for us minion members to help out? If so, let us know as we should all be aware of the time you guys spend to run this operation.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was posted in the Toys for tots thread last night.
Sorry I’ve been a little absent! Tonya’s m uncle was found unresponsive Tuesday morning and we’ve been there all day every day since then. Just walked back in the door. Sadly he has no brain activity and will be taken off of life support Saturday if no changes.

We will be shopping for the kids tomorrow! We’ve got a UHaul rented and are ready to make some kids happy!

Thank you everyone. You are all wonderful and I appreciate you very much!

Res_Ipsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at it this way - you all each still have a chance to win. So, yknow, keep that hope alive.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone, the contest is NOT defunct. ;) :cool:

As I stated previously, there was a family emergency that Rev had come up suddenly. As @siggy posted above quoting Rev's post from late last week, there was an unexpected death in the family. We appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts during this difficult time for their family.

With everything you can imagine going on, that has definitely slowed things down on this contest in particular (and we are VERY sorry that it's created a delay here), but we're working on this again now, so we should have some results for you soon!

Also, be ready for part 2 coming soon!! :D

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As I stated previously, there was a family emergency that Rev had come up suddenly. As @siggy posted above quoting Rev's post from late last week, there was an unexpected death in the family. We appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts during this difficult time for their family.

With everything you can imagine going on, that has definitely slowed things down on this contest in particular (and we are VERY sorry that it's created a delay here), but we're working on this again now, so we should have some results for you soon!

Thanks for the update @mdbannister but as almost all of us had said...many more important things than an online contest...family first!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the update @mdbannister but as almost all of us had said...many more important things than an online contest...family first!
Thanks so much @Haggisman14! And I absolutely agree, but I know when people aren't kept updated, sometimes it can look like we just walked away from stuff, and I just want to be sure everyone knows we definitely wouldn't do that to any of you guys. :D

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Btw, I updated the original post with new dates for the voting. We will have our finalists posted by tomorrow with a voting thread and the results will be announced on december 20th. ;)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much @Haggisman14! And I absolutely agree, but I know when people aren't kept updated, sometimes it can look like we just walked away from stuff, and I just want to be sure everyone knows we definitely wouldn't do that to any of you guys. :D
I think you guys have a pretty solid record that everyone knows you're good for it!

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the update! Prayers for the family. Also no need for an apology life happens unfourtantly.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hope him and his family find peace soon. Dealing with deaths in the family can take a huge emotional toll on loved ones.

JoannaLola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sending prayers, peace and love...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back