View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, lets test my ID skill LOL
Derasa picture below
Derasa 1.jpg

Derasa 2.jpg

I saw these 2 mixed in with Derasa but for sure it's not Derasa.
My guess they are Maximas
Bottom
new1.jpg

It throw me off a bit with their scutes...too big and too many...so it could be farm raise Crocea?
new2.jpg

their mantle is golden color with black spot.
new3.jpg

hehehe So what you all expert clams keeper idea, suggestion?
They are in drip acclimation for couple hours more before I place them in my tank.

Last edited:

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say they are gong to change color.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say they are gong to change color.
I hope they keep its current colot LOL I love it but if they change color later then its cool too, something worth to wait and see :) Oh there is a guy pick a smallest one that in deep blue and I'm sure that's one is Crocea, only these 2 are different than the rest, 3 left in the LFS I'm sure 1 is a Derasa, other 2 can be Derasa too but the shell got some spike (not scute) but It attached to the tank with full of abyssal thread so I don't want to disturb it for the ID.
What do you think about these 2 ID?

Last edited:

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, lets test my ID skill LOL
Derasa picture below
Derasa 1.jpg

Derasa 2.jpg

I saw these 2 mixed in with Derasa but for sure it's not Derasa.
My guess they are Maximas
Bottom
new1.jpg

It throw me off a bit with their scutes...too big and too many...so it could be farm raise Crocea?
new2.jpg

their mantle is golden color with black spot.
new3.jpg

hehehe So what you all expert clams keeper idea, suggestion?
They are in drip acclimation for couple hours more before I place them in my tank.
Gold Maxima.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small Maxi on the right already attached to the bottom tank through the sand in a night, I was tried to place it in a flat rock and I couldn't move it without breaking its thread so I let it be.
the other 2 turned a bit so I placed flat rock under it so I can move them around if needed later.
Yeah, I love these clams. I have too many years with fish only tank, species fish tank and I never pay attention to these invertebrates or corals until now.
I'm glad I found these for my new interest, it's a sharp turn for me in this hobby and I love it. :)

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small Maxi on the right already attached to the bottom tank through the sand in a night, I was tried to place it in a flat rock and I couldn't move it without breaking its thread so I let it be.
the other 2 turned a bit so I placed flat rock under it so I can move them around if needed later.
Yeah, I love these clams. I have too many years with fish only tank, species fish tank and I never pay attention to these invertebrates or corals until now.
I'm glad I found these for my new interest, it's a sharp turn for me in this hobby and I love it. :)
I think clams are my favorite inhabitants to keep. I didnt get into reefing for the clams, but thats how i focus my set ups now. Everything based around the clam.. fish, inverts, lights, etc...

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be, you'll notice it declining health wise.

Ok, i'll let it sit there for 4 weeks. Thanks
Not even 4 weeks yet but that Maxima is gone, I just do not know its dead or sold though :p
The rest of those wild maximas look healthy but I'm not interested in their colors. It will be a while before they get another shipment in, not until they sold all these maximas first...This can be months or year from now LOL

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is my new clam addition to my tank, baby ultra blue maxima! Picture taken while being inspection for pest/parasite under real sun light :) very healthy and open up during drip acclimation too :) just a bit shy away when its on camera LOL
Ultra Blue Maxima 2.jpg

Ultra Blue Maxima 1.jpg

What's next? I pretty much needed a bigger tank to stock more CLAMS...........hehehe

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is my new clam addition to my tank, baby ultra blue maxima! Picture taken while being inspection for pest/parasite under real sun light :) very healthy and open up during drip acclimation too :) just a bit shy away when its on camera LOL
Ultra Blue Maxima 2.jpg

Ultra Blue Maxima 1.jpg

What's next? I pretty much needed a bigger tank to stock more CLAMS...........hehehe
That's beautiful! Wow! How did you know it was my birthday!?!

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's beautiful! Wow! How did you know it was my birthday!?!
I got A+ in psychology back in college so I can read people mind :p hehehe
I also got a super healthy Yellow eyes Kole tank too, it was in their frag tank since a tiny fish and been there pretty much around a year, it's now around 2.5 inches now settled in my tank right away and start perking on my rock instantly, I saw this kole tang for awhile and every time I asked the staff they always said "Not For Sale" so I persuaded the shop owner to sell it for me, he have to removed all his frag crates out of the tank to catch this
kole tang for me :p (it's on the right next to new baby maxima and pecking algae on the rock, the baby maxi settled in nicely too), the scallops attached to the rock below and stay there.
Kole Tang.jpg

CalebWBrink2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got A+ in psychology back in college so I can read people mind :p hehehe
I also got a super healthy Yellow eyes Kole tank too, it was in their frag tank since a tiny fish and been there pretty much around a year, it's now around 2.5 inches now settled in my tank right away and start perking on my rock instantly, I saw this kole tang for awhile and every time I asked the staff they always said "Not For Sale" so I persuaded the shop owner to sell it for me, he have to removed all his frag crates out of the tank to catch this
kole tang for me :p (it's on the right next to new baby maxima and pecking algae on the rock, the baby maxi settled in nicely too), the scallops attached to the rock below and stay there.
Kole Tang.jpg

This is an interesting tank! I'm digging it

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an interesting tank! I'm digging it
hahaha thanks...I just do/stocking what I like and not following the general rules "bible" for a reef tank, but I mainly focus on clams though, other corals just filling in to keep my tank look a bit busy. I'm waiting for Pulsing Xenia filling up my tank side wall, its started to set their foots on my wall and spreading its colony a bit :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back