New Clown Fish breathing rapidly

mac1284

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
6
Location
inverness
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just got my two new clowns from Dr Reef today. Acclimation went well but now I notice one of them is rapidly opening and closing its mouth.

The other is just dandy swimming around while the other sits in the corner. Both of them were exploring the tank when they first got in.

I also did a water change before I put them in I attached the water parameters I did before the change. Haven’t had time to test all of them yet. IMG_2399.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2398.mov
    110.6 MB
You can rule out water quality issues - with two fish of the same size, from the same source, added at the same time, if one of them has symptoms and the other doesn't it just cannot be a water quality issue - both would be affected to some degree.

I would contact Dr. Reef right away to see what they think.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new