New Clown Health

mdock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is a new addition to my smaller tank. How does he look health wise? He got beat up by the yellow damsel I had in the tank when I put him in but after feeding they both calmed down. There are palys, a purple tipped anemone, and a starfish in the tank with him.

I don’t have an active qt spot set up so if anybody thinks that is necessary do you have any tips on how I could do it in a bucket?

IMG_7787.jpeg IMG_7789.jpeg IMG_7788.jpeg IMG_7790.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The damsel won’t stop. It will keep at it until the clown is dead. What size is the tank? Is the damsel the only other fish in the tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This guy is a new addition to my smaller tank. How does he look health wise? He got beat up by the yellow damsel I had in the tank when I put him in but after feeding they both calmed down. There are palys, a purple tipped anemone, and a starfish in the tank with him.

I don’t have an active qt spot set up so if anybody thinks that is necessary do you have any tips on how I could do it in a bucket?

IMG_7787.jpeg IMG_7789.jpeg IMG_7788.jpeg IMG_7790.jpeg
It’s hard to tell from still pics but I do see what appears to be secondary bacterial lesions and can be associated with brooklynella but before concluding as such, please post a you tube video under white light intensity for best assessment and recommendations

OP
OP
mdock

mdock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: the damsel beat him up pretty bad during the night. I have him out in a bucket by himself now. This is what he looks like. Any thoughts on what I can do?

I could put the damsel in my other tank. It has a cardinal, blue powder tang, clown, two shrimp, two urchins, and a gramma with corals and anemones. I just don’t want the damsel to be a problem there. The fish compatibility charts I read said damsels are fine with clowns (and my experience so far said the same).

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_7793.jpeg
    IMG_7793.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7794.jpeg
    IMG_7794.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
mdock

mdock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell from still pics but I do see what appears to be secondary bacterial lesions and can be associated with brooklynella but before concluding as such, please post a you tube video under white light intensity for best assessment and recommendations
Can you check my update?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish compatibility charts I read said damsels are fine with clowns (and my experience so far said the same).
Sorry about the loss. The trick with damsels is to add them last. If they are added first, they will claim a large space in the tank, and if the tank is 20 gallons or smaller, then the whole tank is theirs and they will kill any fish added after. Of course there is always exception but this generally how it works with damsels.

OP
OP
mdock

mdock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the loss. The trick with damsels is to add them last. If they are added first, they will claim a large space in the tank, and if the tank is 20 gallons or smaller, then the whole tank is theirs and they will kill any fish added after. Of course there is always exception but this generally how it works with damsels.
If I took the damsel out and put him in a bucket for a week then reintroduced would that change things?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Update: the damsel beat him up pretty bad during the night. I have him out in a bucket by himself now. This is what he looks like. Any thoughts on what I can do?

I could put the damsel in my other tank. It has a cardinal, blue powder tang, clown, two shrimp, two urchins, and a gramma with corals and anemones. I just don’t want the damsel to be a problem there. The fish compatibility charts I read said damsels are fine with clowns (and my experience so far said the same).

Thoughts?
This fish has suffered from battering/aggression and clowns as guessed earlier or damsel is the culprits more than likely

Back