New clownfish seems pricked

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zetoniak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zetoniak

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
40
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I added 2 days ago to my recently cycled tank a pair of clownfish, and I noticed the big one seems to have some points in the skin pricked, what do you think it is?

43061.jpg


43062.jpg


Thank you in advance!
 
i think you might have meant "my new clownfish are pricks" because that would check out lol. but they look fine to me. bigger one was probably chasing the smaller one and brushed against a rock
 
i think you might have meant "my new clownfish are pricks" because that would check out lol. but they look fine to me. bigger one was probably chasing the smaller one and brushed against a rock
 
Hello, I added 2 days ago to my recently cycled tank a pair of clownfish, and I noticed the big one seems to have some points in the skin pricked, what do you think it is?

43061.jpg


43062.jpg


Thank you in advance!
Clowns squabble and bite at each other but looks to be urchin puncture. If no urchin, can be running into a blunt object
 
Thank you all for your responses, no urchin or anything that can be blunt in my tank, only added a Devil hand, it might came like this from my LFS.
42941.jpg
 
@vetteguy53081 I think it just ran into a sharp rock while chasing. No infection or excess mucous, so its just monitoring at this time, right?
If im being honest the smaller one not being beat up right now is a really good sign.
 
@vetteguy53081 I think it just ran into a sharp rock while chasing. No infection or excess mucous, so its just monitoring at this time, right?
If im being honest the smaller one not being beat up right now is a really good sign.
Yes , monitor and that too is a suspect cause
 
Thank you! I am going to keep and eye on them.
I'm trying to remove the unanswered tag from the post, but I don't know how appreciate an admin help with this
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new