New clownfish

jzaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I bought a clownfish 2 to 3 days ago and noticed a very weird line across its fins. It was a faint line on day two but now it’s a weird line across both sides. I know for sure it’s not ich, velvet, brooklynella, uronema. I’ve never seen something like this on a fish. Could it be something genetic. He was eating yesterday small brine shrimp but today’s he seems lethargic. Hanging around the top of the tank. I tried to feed him some pellets doesn’t seem interested. could it also be an internal parasite?

IMG_3884.PNG IMG_3883.PNG

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture quality is good but my eyes suck. I sorta see a white line?

OP
OP
J

jzaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture quality is good but my eyes suck. I sorta see a white line?
ya its just a random white vein like line on both sides of the fish. Its really weird I've seen all kinds of diseases on clownfish and this is a new one. The other frostbite clownfish seems like he is doing well and eating food. I contacted the fish store to see if they had a similar problem. I'm waiting for there responds maybe they can let me exchange but I highly unlikely they will. he is definitely lethargic and hanging out at the top of the tank not really a good sign. I can attach more photos if you'd like

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi I bought a clownfish 2 to 3 days ago and noticed a very weird line across its fins. It was a faint line on day two but now it’s a weird line across both sides. I know for sure it’s not ich, velvet, brooklynella, uronema. I’ve never seen something like this on a fish. Could it be something genetic. He was eating yesterday small brine shrimp but today’s he seems lethargic. Hanging around the top of the tank. I tried to feed him some pellets doesn’t seem interested. could it also be an internal parasite?

IMG_3884.PNG IMG_3883.PNG
I see what looks like slime/mucus buildup suggesting brooklynella disease but need clearer pics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like it could be the start of Brooklynella to me.

jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back