New clownfish

jzaki

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
guelph
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I bought a clownfish 2 to 3 days ago and noticed a very weird line across its fins. It was a faint line on day two but now it’s a weird line across both sides. I know for sure it’s not ich, velvet, brooklynella, uronema. I’ve never seen something like this on a fish. Could it be something genetic. He was eating yesterday small brine shrimp but today’s he seems lethargic. Hanging around the top of the tank. I tried to feed him some pellets doesn’t seem interested. could it also be an internal parasite?

IMG_3884.PNG IMG_3883.PNG
 
Picture quality is good but my eyes suck. I sorta see a white line?
ya its just a random white vein like line on both sides of the fish. Its really weird I've seen all kinds of diseases on clownfish and this is a new one. The other frostbite clownfish seems like he is doing well and eating food. I contacted the fish store to see if they had a similar problem. I'm waiting for there responds maybe they can let me exchange but I highly unlikely they will. he is definitely lethargic and hanging out at the top of the tank not really a good sign. I can attach more photos if you'd like
 
Hi I bought a clownfish 2 to 3 days ago and noticed a very weird line across its fins. It was a faint line on day two but now it’s a weird line across both sides. I know for sure it’s not ich, velvet, brooklynella, uronema. I’ve never seen something like this on a fish. Could it be something genetic. He was eating yesterday small brine shrimp but today’s he seems lethargic. Hanging around the top of the tank. I tried to feed him some pellets doesn’t seem interested. could it also be an internal parasite?

IMG_3884.PNG IMG_3883.PNG
I see what looks like slime/mucus buildup suggesting brooklynella disease but need clearer pics
 
I see what looks like slime/mucus buildup suggesting brooklynella disease but need clearer pics
I have seen what brooklynella looks like It would be much more slimy if it was
 
I'm trying to get a more clear picture Ill send another pic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new