New Clownfish?

DisneyMatt10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Quick question for you all! I added 2 Clownfish to my tank today. They are the first fish in the tank. They have been in the tank (after the acclimation process) for about 2 hours now. However, they will not leave the spot they first went to when they entered the tank, and they will not eat. I'm sure this is just stress from the move and such. . . But about how long until they branch out and start exploring the tank, and eating??

Any new Clownfish advice you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
~Matt

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to worry about yet. It can take a few days for them to settle enough to eat. They can end up hanging out where they've settled for quite a while. They can find the most odd spots to serve as their host. Couple of questions for you though.

Did they go through a QT process and if so, we're they eating during QT? Or if you bought them locally, did you see them eat at the place you bought them? What did you try to feed them?

Just remember, clowns are weird.

OP
OP
DisneyMatt10

DisneyMatt10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ Since they were the first fish to go into the tank I didn't put them in the QT tank. However all new fish will go through the QT process. What I am feeding them, or rather what I thought I was feeding them because it turned into nothing but an almost powder like substance that went flying around the tank, is a brine shrimp and algae mixture.

UPDATE:

The new clown fish have moved to a new place in the tank. However they are right below my most powerful power head and trying to "sleep" there. They keep getting sucked up close to the powerhead then have to fight their way back down.

I'm hoping by tomorrow they will start to normalize a little more, and hopefully realize there is more tank to be explored.
~Matt

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe the first fish to go in to the tank should be the most important fish to get qted cause they make have something that you just cant see yet and if they do itll now be in your system from here until you possibly have to go fallow but i could be wrong.
they will normalize it just takes time

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said they're weird. We've had a pair host our hob overflow before lol. Had multiple nems in different colors to choose from yet the overflow go figure lol.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back