New clownfish

Thomas Reeferson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up these beautiful clownfish. I believe they’re juveniles. I think they’re awesome looking and the LFS said their noses will turn black when they’re older. I don’t care if they’re rare or not. I just think they’re really good looking fish and would like to know if anyone knows what their specific name is?
9B633BA4-CCD0-465E-A4BB-948B1500EA1A.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Thomas Reeferson

Thomas Reeferson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! You have a beautiful pair of fish!!!

Let's see if we can get some help with their ID...
@Lovemyreef2015 #idthis #clownfish
Of course I didn’t find anything until I posted on here but according to what I’ve found on the google machine they could be Wide Bar Gladiator Ocellaris Clownfish? Any thoughts, guys? Like I said, no one will offend me if they’re not as rare as I thought. If I’m right, they’re still pretty unique finds though. Either way, I love them. They’re good eaters and they just swim around checking things out all day. Look amazing with the blue lights...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is more than just the orange face on this pair. The pattern on the side is not a traditional barring - it is more like a davinci. I have seen black davinci clowns with orange faces so that may be another option to consider.

As a side note, the gladiators typically have more of a "helmet".

OP
OP
Thomas Reeferson

Thomas Reeferson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is more than just the orange face on this pair. The pattern on the side is not a traditional barring - it is more like a davinci. I have seen black davinci clowns with orange faces so that may be another option to consider.

As a side note, the gladiators typically have more of a "helmet".
That’s interesting. I’ll have to check that out. Thanks for that. I just like knowing the background on the fish I have so any and all leads on what they are are definitely much appreciated!

OP
OP
Thomas Reeferson

Thomas Reeferson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s interesting. I’ll have to check that out. Thanks for that. I just like knowing the background on the fish I have so any and all leads on what they are are definitely much appreciated!
I just looked those up quickly. That is a definite possibility. Thanks a bunch!

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Those are a great-looking pair of Clownfish. I have a big Maroon. I wish she had a mate.

Back