New Clutch of Bengai Cardinals

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had to share this with everyone because it’s just so danged ADORABLE!! Please enjoy and if any questions...you know what to do.
c544114420ce958e675c6989e088e1f9.jpg

0f6b935afd1b2caec642ddf2aa165e7f.jpg

I have really cool video on you tube. Not sure how to do video with R2R yet. But it’s on my FB page @paulspodsaz

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut and paste the link to this thread

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for undertaking this project. Believe it or not, Banggai cardinals are an endangered species. Anything we can do to promote their aquaculture is a win for the environment, for reefkeeping as a hobby, and of course the Banggai cardinalfish.

OP
OP
pdisner

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very very cute Paul. Congrats!

Thank you! I appreciate that. Actually, that’s not entirely true they ALMOST made it to the endangered species list a few years back, but from what I know still haven’t made it on the list yet. However, The practices undertaken by the collectors of wild specimens treat them poorly and a lot of them and up dying before or shortly after coming to market. Aquaculture specimens of Cardinals have a way better mortality rate than wild caught. I have a PDF booklet that is 35 pages long that goes through breeding the Benggai Cardinal Step by step. It is very good and was written by a group of scientists from the University of Hawaii and other institutions. It was a collaborative project written a few years back. If anyone is interested please send me a private message with ur email or message me PaulsPods@PaulsPodsAZ . It’s free.

OP
OP
pdisner

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they doing

They are all still doing wonderfully. I started with 18, but one was not doing well from the beginning. Here’s video of them from the first day I laid eyes on them til just about a week ago. I finally figured out how to link a video, so here you go. If you like this video I have been shooting some really cool footage of the other critters I’m breeding. Nothing real fancy, but stuff I bet you haven’t seen before. Please enjoy, share and like. Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
pdisner

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet.!! I wanna see what else your breeding!

Here’s some more Eye Candy. I’ve been working on raising peppermint shrimp for the last several months now. I’ve raised them to about a couple cm. Here’s some close up video of one. If anyone knows how to get these guys to settle, I’ve tried a few things. My latest addition. To my breeding system is a larval tank That is a plastic feed tub that I got from a local feed and tack store. I put a bulkhead in it and plums it into my main system. This should keep the water quality stable.
If anyone has any suggestions, Please chime in! If anybody has any questions at all, chime in as well. Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel as I put a lot of videos up there as well. I also have a Facebook page that has some pretty cool pics and video on it too. I worked hard on it so please give me a hand and subscribe to my channel. If anyone has questions about microfauna or first foods, like copepods cultures, phyto and all that cool stuff. I’m going to set up a group discussion page for breeding marine ornamentals to share information. This page will be a group page, @PaulsPods
You can message me there too. Thanks for viewing my videos!
Paul
PS here’s a video of Rotifers. You can see the green from the phyto they’ve been eating. Way cool!

OP
OP
pdisner

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone would like me to email the pdf about raising banggai cardinals, and me a PM

OP
OP
pdisner

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more pics and videos of what I’ve been able to breed so far on my Facebook site @PaulsPodsAZ. I’ve just added dwarf seahorses to my group of broodstock. Slowly I’m getting some nice groups and pairs. I’d like to get together everyone that is interested in sharing info and ideas regarding breeding of marine ornamentals.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Tapatalk app it was easy.
No clue how to do it from the website.

Click on the + on the photo icon.

Click attachment

Find the right attachment
(It helps if I had the attachment open just beforehand)

Click send
c40f1b269530737ea63d87ff5a238cb4.jpg
f308c2e10fb04ca69af04379818e0068.jpg

OP
OP
pdisner

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I see. I have an I phone. It’s Tapatalk app