You tube channel

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this can be done on this forum, but I’m still trying to figure out this you tube thing. I created a page and uploaded videos. It’s taking time to jump off and I’m not sure if it’s something m doing wrong.
I could use some pointers. If anyone has some good info on this, it would be appreciated.
Any info on what I’m doing wrong will definitely help.

Thanks everyone

https://youtube.com/@margheritasreef?si=IumuGnmoXUjDi1w2 IMG_2829.jpeg

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no pointers to you with regards to making it as a YouTuber - but I wish you the best of luck! :)

Your tank is gorgeous, I am sure someone would follow you if the information you have to share is interesting, relevant and of a decent production value! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I actually think that the YouTube community will be a better place for you to look for this information. Chances that someone have made a video on how to succeed are quite high IMO.

OP
OP
Napoliandy

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no pointers to you with regards to making it as a YouTuber - but I wish you the best of luck! :)

Your tank is gorgeous, I am sure someone would follow you if the information you have to share is interesting, relevant and of a decent production value! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I actually think that the YouTube community will be a better place for you to look for this information. Chances that someone have made a video on how to succeed are quite high IMO.
Thank you. Wish they had a forum like this to ask the questions.

OP
OP
Napoliandy

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get people to follow and what’s the best way to build the channel? If you can look at one of my videos, it will give you an idea of what I do. I also don’t get any comments on anything, although I know people are watching them.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get people to follow and what’s the best way to build the channel? If you can look at one of my videos, it will give you an idea of what I do. I also don’t get any comments on anything, although I know people are watching them.
I’ll have a look. Understand that building and maintaining a channel is a lot of work. I spend about 4-6 hours a week making one video, and I do it just for fun. I suggest making videos of things you enjoy, with lengths of 5-10 minutes. Making a new video weekly will help you get established in the YouTube algorithm. But don’t make videos just to make them, try to share your enjoyment of the hobby. It’s like throwing darts at a dart board, the more darts you throw, the more traction you will get. Also, get a good editing program, and practice editing techniques, it is an art.
It also looks like comments are turned off of your recent video. You want those on, as more comments are good.

bvickery1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have youtube channel but as a viewer but big thing is how you present things.

Script out your presentation. Dead air and filler words are fine for conversation but not for what it looks you are trying to do. If you have your phone use it for video only then invest in a good mic and do voice over. Depending how serious a good mic can range from $30 (blue snowball ice) to $150+ (Blue Yeti) to $400+. Here is a link to an in depth guide to microphones.

Try and invest in editing software so you can add the voice over, edit your "takes" insert some b-roll or text overlays. There is free stuff out there and seems DaVinci Resolve 18 is one recommended in the videography reddit.

Lastly think of a posting schedule and break up the work. Monday filming and script writing. Tuesday voice over recording/editing. Wednesday vid editing. Thursday assembly. Friday buffer day.

Best of luck.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this can be done on this forum, but I’m still trying to figure out this you tube thing. I created a page and uploaded videos. It’s taking time to jump off and I’m not sure if it’s something m doing wrong.
I could use some pointers. If anyone has some good info on this, it would be appreciated.
Any info on what I’m doing wrong will definitely help.

Thanks everyone

https://youtube.com/@margheritasreef?si=IumuGnmoXUjDi1w2 IMG_2829.jpeg
Good luck on your YT endeavor....
came here to comment I assume you are Italian Amercian and love pie being in Brooklyn, and Napoli/Margherita names ?

OP
OP
Napoliandy

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have youtube channel but as a viewer but big thing is how you present things.

Script out your presentation. Dead air and filler words are fine for conversation but not for what it looks you are trying to do. If you have your phone use it for video only then invest in a good mic and do voice over. Depending how serious a good mic can range from $30 (blue snowball ice) to $150+ (Blue Yeti) to $400+. Here is a link to an in depth guide to microphones.

Try and invest in editing software so you can add the voice over, edit your "takes" insert some b-roll or text overlays. There is free stuff out there and seems DaVinci Resolve 18 is one recommended in the videography reddit.

Lastly think of a posting schedule and break up the work. Monday filming and script writing. Tuesday voice over recording/editing. Wednesday vid editing. Thursday assembly. Friday buffer day.

Best of luck.
Ty

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best of luck.
I sooo don’t script my videos.
But it depends on motives. Most of YouTube is marketing. I just do it for fun and donate the ad revenue. I think it’s also important to be yourself.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been trying to at least make one a month, it’s slow to get subscribers but they so start to add up. Here’s mine if you are interested.

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely takes time and the import thing is to have fun with it and make stuff that you would want to watch. If you're trying to push out stuff just to get views it won't work.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get people following (tho not a bunch) and I don't even want them to follow :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: YouTube isn't my thing and I mostly use it to embed videos here when I have questions and need a visual example. And I kind of use it to record tank progression tho I'm poor at that. I should probably just set my channel to private. Hey @Reefer Matt would you happen to know if I set all my videos to private can they still be viewed here if I paste the link?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get people following (tho not a bunch) and I don't even want them to follow :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: YouTube isn't my thing and I mostly use it to embed videos here when I have questions and need a visual example. And I kind of use it to record tank progression tho I'm poor at that. I should probably just set my channel to private. Hey @Reefer Matt would you happen to know if I set all my videos to private can they still be viewed here if I paste the link?
I believe they have to be set to unlisted to share.

bvickery1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sooo don’t script my videos.
But it depends on motives. Most of YouTube is marketing. I just do it for fun and donate the ad revenue. I think it’s also important to be yourself.

Script can range from full fledged script to simple note card with the main talking points. If I am watching a video and there is lot of long pauses, 'umms' and the like I'm moving on. You can edit some out BUT to often the video looks choppy.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a channel either, but maybe tips from what I have seen others say with their channels.
When making videos, make it to the best of your ability. I've seen lots of smaller channels that put out higher-quality videos than those with millions of subscribers in the past.
Have a script beforehand. It can help with remembering what you are talking about and can help you get your point across without rambling.
Dedication is key too. Most people don't get big overnight, it can take years for some people to get big. Have fun with it, keep it interesting, and you will do great with it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back