~NEW CONTEST! Want to win? Look HERE!~

rpogge2

Zoa Junkie !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would actualy be fairly easy to spoof the IP's -or- say for someone like me who has remote access to thousands of PCs on hundreds of different networks to just log in to each one and enter from there.

I will not be participating tho as now that I have said that, if i won everyone would hate on me :) ... even if i did it legit. so ill pass!

but yeah .. if i wanted to cheat it would not be hard to win.

If you restricted the e-mail addresses to real email addresses and not web based freebies like hotmail, gmail, yahoo ...etc .. you would make it much more difficult to cheat.

Ryan

They would also need to create many emails to activate registrations and come in on different IPs. We automatically detect multiple logins from the same IP. Also like I mentioned above, I'll be running reports to look for anything fishy. So not really impossible to police. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would actualy be fairly easy to spoof the IP's -or- say for someone like me who has remote access to thousands of PCs on hundreds of different networks to just log in to each one and enter from there.

I will not be participating tho as now that I have said that, if i won everyone would hate on me :) ... even if i did it legit. so ill pass!

but yeah .. if i wanted to cheat it would not be hard to win.

If you restricted the e-mail addresses to real email addresses and not web based freebies like hotmail, gmail, yahoo ...etc .. you would make it much more difficult to cheat.

Ryan

Thanks for the info, and we will try and do our best to make sure this doesn't happen. We will randomly email referred members from the leaders to check. This will help some.

That being said we have a good few weeks left and it's up for grabs! Plenty of time for someone with no referrals yet to take over and dominate! :D

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing the corals up for grabs, i wish i could dominate this contest. I only know 2 reefers tho... LOL

RalphP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I was referred to the site by Cutnup.Been in the hobby on and off for 30 years.Just starting up a 10 gal nano with a 10 gallon fuge.My last tank crashed a few months back.Nice site
RalphP

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weetabix is a she and she is a good person and very popular at nano reef. Her's are legit as with everyones so far. :D

Thanks for sticking up for me rev, I appreciate it!!!

I have kept track of every single referral of mine that has signed up on here and they are all legitimate. The reason l've been able to get so many referrals is that I've made a lot of friends at NR, and I'm working on bringing them all over here!

I realize that it doesn't help that I'm a "newbie" on this site, and you guys aren't familiar with me as a result.

I will try to start a tank thread on my prop tank soon in an attempt to remedy that a bit.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok people we got one week left! Even if you are way behind one week will be plenty enough time to catch up and take the lead!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Few more days!!! ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back