~NEW CONTEST! Want to win? Look HERE!~

It would actualy be fairly easy to spoof the IP's -or- say for someone like me who has remote access to thousands of PCs on hundreds of different networks to just log in to each one and enter from there.

I will not be participating tho as now that I have said that, if i won everyone would hate on me :) ... even if i did it legit. so ill pass!

but yeah .. if i wanted to cheat it would not be hard to win.

If you restricted the e-mail addresses to real email addresses and not web based freebies like hotmail, gmail, yahoo ...etc .. you would make it much more difficult to cheat.

Ryan



They would also need to create many emails to activate registrations and come in on different IPs. We automatically detect multiple logins from the same IP. Also like I mentioned above, I'll be running reports to look for anything fishy. So not really impossible to police. :)
 
It would actualy be fairly easy to spoof the IP's -or- say for someone like me who has remote access to thousands of PCs on hundreds of different networks to just log in to each one and enter from there.

I will not be participating tho as now that I have said that, if i won everyone would hate on me :) ... even if i did it legit. so ill pass!

but yeah .. if i wanted to cheat it would not be hard to win.

If you restricted the e-mail addresses to real email addresses and not web based freebies like hotmail, gmail, yahoo ...etc .. you would make it much more difficult to cheat.

Ryan

Thanks for the info, and we will try and do our best to make sure this doesn't happen. We will randomly email referred members from the leaders to check. This will help some.

That being said we have a good few weeks left and it's up for grabs! Plenty of time for someone with no referrals yet to take over and dominate! :D
 
After seeing the corals up for grabs, i wish i could dominate this contest. I only know 2 reefers tho... LOL
 
Hi
I was referred to the site by Cutnup.Been in the hobby on and off for 30 years.Just starting up a 10 gal nano with a 10 gallon fuge.My last tank crashed a few months back.Nice site
RalphP
 
Weetabix is a she and she is a good person and very popular at nano reef. Her's are legit as with everyones so far. :D

Thanks for sticking up for me rev, I appreciate it!!!

I have kept track of every single referral of mine that has signed up on here and they are all legitimate. The reason l've been able to get so many referrals is that I've made a lot of friends at NR, and I'm working on bringing them all over here!

I realize that it doesn't help that I'm a "newbie" on this site, and you guys aren't familiar with me as a result.

I will try to start a tank thread on my prop tank soon in an attempt to remedy that a bit.
 
Ok people we got one week left! Even if you are way behind one week will be plenty enough time to catch up and take the lead!
 
Few more days!!! ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new