New custom tank build

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jedidad's Mind Trick

I ordered a custom tank from Custom Reef Creations and will be receiving it this week. I promised that I would start a new build thread for it so here it goes. It will be a big step up for me. My previous tank was a 29g Biocube that crashed on me when I moved from the panhandle to OKC. My new tank will be a 36x36x26 corner tank that will go in the new house I just bought. It has a single overflow with two drain lines and one return that will be t'd to two outlets. It will have a custom sump. I will be building my own stand for it and plan on making it look like it is built into the room. No hood probably with just a mesh top to keep fish from jumping. I plan on running AI led lights on it but haven't decided on whether to go with the new vega color lights or just the old super blue sol's. It will be a mixed reef tank. The volume on it should be about 140 gallons plus whatever the sump works out to. I will run a skimmer and chaeto in the sump with a carbon and gfo reactor. That's all I have for now and will post pics as soon as the tank comes in. I will keep this thread updated regularly as I make progress on it. Hopefully I can have it up and running by the end of the year.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait to see it come together!

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20121115_163209 (800x600).jpg

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Lookin' forward to seeing its progress!

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a little work done on the tank.
First is the framework for the stand. I will hopefully get it skinned in the next week or so.
20121211_215837.jpg

Next is the screen top I made to keep fish from jumping.
20121211_215901.jpg

I will hopefully be going by CRC to order sump, skimmer, lights and power heads today.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what to do about the sump. I could order or try to do a custom cube sump myself. I found one that would work but it would only have about 19g capacity when running and i'm not sure if that would be enough. Does anyone have any input as to if that would be sufficient?

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i made it to CRC yesterday and ordered 2 AI Vega Colors with a controller, 2 Tunze 6065 powerheads, a SRO 2000 skimmer and a heater. Now all I need to order is a sump and I think I have decided on one. It's the trigger systems crystal elite 30. Gonna get it ordered today and then its just wait till it all comes in to get started.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i made it to CRC yesterday and ordered 2 AI Vega Colors with a controller, 2 Tunze 6065 powerheads, a SRO 2000 skimmer and a heater. Now all I need to order is a sump and I think I have decided on one. It's the trigger systems crystal elite 30. Gonna get it ordered today and then its just wait till it all comes in to get started.

Can't hide money lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea it's costing more than i would like to spend but i learned with my 29g biocube to just go ahead and get what you really want the first time. It save alot of money in the long run. I bought and replaced so much equipment on that tank it was ridiculous.

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy stuff for the plumming. Does anyone know any place in Oklahoma City that I can get 1 1/2" Schedule 80 PVC pipe and fittings. Lowe's only carries up to 1 1/4"

OP
OP
jedidad

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy stuff for the plumming. Does anyone know any place in Oklahoma City that I can get 1 1/2" Schedule 80 PVC pipe and fittings.  Lowe's only carries up to 1 1/4". I'm also looking for black flexible hose in 1"

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plumbing

You don't have to use sch 80 fittings and plumbing unless you are going g for that entire gray plumbing look. You can actually use just regular 1.5" plumbing and fittings.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back