new cycle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've decided to transfer everything I have as far as fish, coral, and inverts to a new tank because of a hydroid problem. The hydroids are all over the rocks so I'm getting rid of em...will the new rock cause a new cycle?
 
If you've cured the live rock for 3 - 4 weeks yo should be fine. New or additional live sand would be helpful also and it doesn't hurt to use a bacterial starter culture but I don't bother with that.
 
Cool, I was planning on getting 30 lbs. of rock and sand so I should be good then.
 
You will definitely got through a cycle of some sort, whether its a small one or large one. Other than that you should be all set... Good luck!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new