New diet.

Earl Karl

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2017
Messages
911
Reaction score
521
Location
Under your bed.
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a snowflake eel that I have been keeping for the longest time, in fact he's my first ever fish, or eel. He is 27 inches long and a diameter of 3 inches. I have always fed him Rod's Predator Blend ever since it came out, until now. He is WAY too big for Rod's food, it's like an appetizer now. I have never used supermarkets, before Rod's I used live alaskan shrimp. But now I'm too busy to constantly get them, so now I have to go supermarket route. I don't care about price, I want the best frozen food I can get that my eel will eat. He is a VERY picky eater, but if he likes the food, he will literally eat cups of food. What varieties should I get? What do I look for in frozen super market food? He does NOT like fish, only inverts. I literally had to purchase a triggerfish (which is my second favorite fish) just so none of the rod's food goes to waste (One time I just fed hikari silversides for the WEEK and he obliterated my reef until I fed him Rod's).
 
So, I have a snowflake eel that I have been keeping for the longest time, in fact he's my first ever fish, or eel. He is 27 inches long and a diameter of 3 inches. I have always fed him Rod's Predator Blend ever since it came out, until now. He is WAY too big for Rod's food, it's like an appetizer now. I have never used supermarkets, before Rod's I used live alaskan shrimp. But now I'm too busy to constantly get them, so now I have to go supermarket route. I don't care about price, I want the best frozen food I can get that my eel will eat. He is a VERY picky eater, but if he likes the food, he will literally eat cups of food. What varieties should I get? What do I look for in frozen super market food? He does NOT like fish, only inverts. I literally had to purchase a triggerfish (which is my second favorite fish) just so none of the rod's food goes to waste (One time I just fed hikari silversides for the WEEK and he obliterated my reef until I fed him Rod's).
I'd try fresh shrimp from the supermarket.
 
Is there a way I can buy in bulk? My eel eats A LOT AND ALMOST EVERYDAY. Probably a reason why he is so chunky (don't worry he's not obese, I hope).
 
Last edited:
^This
Asian supermarkets are awesome. Get squid, octopus, and shellfish for cheap. If you have tangs you can get nori on the cheap as well.
 
I just bought shrimp, oysters and baby octopus. He loves it A LOT more than Rod's. And it is really cheap compared to Rod's. Sorry Rod's, but your predator blend is pretty much pointless unless you're feeding baby predators. Just ain't good enough for the big boys. I can say that homemade is the best way to go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new