New dosing pump, Red Sea?

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys,

I just bought a Neptune DOS pump to set up automatic water changes. It works great and I love how easy it was to setup but I’m not crazy about the cost or the form factor. $300 for a double head and it’s bulky and awkward AF. I only had the pump for maybe a week or 2 and I’m sure my LFS will allow me to exchange it for the redsea. Now I tried shifting everything over to apex because I HATE the Red Sea app. It’s low and buggy and doesn’t connect half the time. I sold my redsea 90 lights because of this and I’m considering getting rid of my gyre pump from them. So my question is this, has anyone purchased and used the Red Sea dosing pump yet? If so what are your impressions? The cost for 4 heads is the same as the apex that has 2 heads. It also looks like a smaller form factor which is huge for me. The DOS gets pretty noisy when it’s running so I’m wondering if the Red Sea is any quieter. I know it’s a new product so I’m doubtful there’s much experience. I tried searching for a BRS video review but they don’t seem to have one yet. Let me know what you guys think n

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t tried the RS ones, but I also have 2 DOS units on 2 tanks, and if one was to ever break I would probably get 2 of the Kamoer FX- STP pumps

I have one for something else already and they are ideal for AWC and also pretty silent, instead of the whining DOS units

Hopefully someone will chime in on the RS ones for you.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump please all the reviews on the normal goto sites are garbage, does anyone have a real review of this product for us im looking to get one as well and am wondering about the wireless ability and app function any info???

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced an older jabao type doser with a 4 head redsea. I love it! The phone app for it is amazing. Below is a screenshot of it. I have it dosing over a 24 hr period, so it figures out each dose so the total equals what the daily dose is. If you decide to adjust it then if you want it will make up the difference so that you will end with your new daily dose amount. You can also tell it the size of your dosing containers, it will monitor the remaining amount for you. This is my 1st redsea product other than supplements, I will be buying more.
Screenshot_20210828-220532_ReefBeat.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced an older jabao type doser with a 4 head redsea. I love it! The phone app for it is amazing. Below is a screenshot of it. I have it dosing over a 24 hr period, so it figures out each dose so the total equals what the daily dose is. If you decide to adjust it then if you want it will make up the difference so that you will end with your new daily dose amount. You can also tell it the size of your dosing containers, it will monitor the remaining amount for you. This is my 1st redsea product other than supplements, I will be buying more.
Screenshot_20210828-220532_ReefBeat.jpg
this is good information! are you only using 3 out of the 4 heads?

Bradley2448

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the red rea doser but the 2 head version. John08007 said just about everything I could about it. Im in love with the entire unit. Function app and all. I was in fact surprised how quickly you can get it out of the box and dosing without much if any confusion. It also runs super quiet I have it dosing 8 equal parts over 12 hours for a total of 30 ml and i can never tell it’s dosing unless I have my head in the sump at the same time. Extra points for it being so dang sleek as well

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine sitting on shelf my previous doser was on. This also comes with a mounting bracket to mount it. They say it can also be used horizontal or vertical

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back