New Firmware Release for GHL Mitras LX7

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are a GHL Mitras LX 7 user they just released a new firmware that adds a new mode called EXTREME that gives you a 10-15% more power output.
Below is from their Facebook page:

"More power to your Mitras lx7
Since the introduction of the Mitras LX series, GHL has always focused on achieving high performance at maximum efficiency. At the request of Power users, who value maximum power more than outstanding efficiency, we have revised the intelligent performance management of the LX7 and thus mobilized even more power. We are proud to bring you The Extreme! -mode of presentation.
More Power, More PAR, More Performance.
What is the extreme! -Mode?
He uses some of the power reserves that all Mitras LX7 have to make approx. To generate 10% - 15% more output. Of course, without compromising the safety and reliability familiar to GHL.
The new mode brings a significant increase in power especially under extreme conditions (e.g. all LED channels simultaneously for a longer period of time at maximum power at higher ambient temperature).
How will the "extreme ! Using "-mode ?
The LX7 was first updated to firmware version 1.14. With the latest versions of the GHL Connect App (available in the next few days) and GHL Control Center, the mode can be activated.
Navigate to the energy options page, just click on Energy Plan “Extreme! " and save the settings. Getting the rest done by the LX7"

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know, I just updated my firmware last week. I did not know about the now setting.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know, I just updated my firmware last week. I did not know about the now setting.
I talked to Vinny this week about this Mitras firmware upgrade and the way he explained it is that for most of us it is not necessary unless you are running at near 100% and or your tank is in a high ambient environment and your light temps increase to the point to where the safety kicks in causing the output power to drop. I believe that is at 65C. According to Vinny the original temp safety factor was conservative for increasing the longevity of the LED's. What they have done if I remember correctly is in this new mode they have increased the safety temp to 70C. I don't remember it he said they also increased the fan speed or not. They did this upon request mostly from LFS's and coral grow out companies because their ambient environment to include temp and humidity is normally much higher than the normal household.
Based on my light setup and my ambient temps where my tank is located which never exceeds 69F unless a power outage Vinny told me it was not necessary for me to install the new firmware.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 11.1%
Back