New Fish Aggression

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new Blue reef chromis the other day. Kept it in a fish acclamation box for two days and released him a few minutes ago. After I released him my well-established Royal Grandma started chasing him around the tank and still is. They seem to be taking breaks and then chasing each other again. The gramma seems to be trying to nip him. Should I be concerned? Or let them settle it out?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should settle down at some point . You can try putting a mirror against the tank for a few days to try and deflect some of the aggression . Even getting a couple more blue chromis can help . I wouldn’t worry . But I have to ask is the royal grandma by any chance the queen of England , if so I’m surprised she can keep up lol !!!

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should settle down at some point . You can try putting a mirror against the tank for a few days to try and deflect some of the aggression . Even getting a couple more blue chromis can help . I wouldn’t worry . But I have to ask is the royal grandma by any chance the queen of England , if so I’m surprised she can keep up lol !!!
Well she’s definitely a drama Queen, some might say a “royal dramma” (dad jokes lol)
Yeah hoping it will. It’s not seeming to get any less intense

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If scales missing then you might consider putting the aggressor in the acclimation box for a few days or rearranging the surroundings a bit as it seems a bit too territorial

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just gonna let them battle it out. There’s no way I’m going to be able to catch either of them and if one dies, it’ll be unfortunate but nothing I can do about it. Have a mirror set up and hoping for the best

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Feed grqamma and turn lights off and see how it behaves tomorrow.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back