New Fish Help, brand new Tank!!!

CrazyCoolFishGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hope you all are having a fantastic day! I just finished cycling my brand new Waterbox Marine x 110.4 dimensions (47.2" x 19.7" x 21.7"), 80 gallon, and I'm finally ready for fish!!! I have been doing research, and came up with a solid list of fish that I want to add over the course of many months. Please lmk if it's to many for this tank. I also did a 3" sand bed. Overall Goals for tank, want to have Corals, so fish need to be reef friendly and would like to keep the overall temperament of fish to peaceful. I have listed what ones I have on my list to add so far below. Also, if anyone has any reccomendations for some fish that would meet the requirements and not on the list, please send my way! Much appreciated for all the help and feedback!

- Sandshifting goby Diamond Watchman
- Cleaner Shrimp
- (2) clownfish
- firefish
- Yellow Clown Goby
- Scissortail Goby
- Zebra Goby
- lytail anythis
- Damsel
- Midas blenny
- Flame Angel Fish
-Bristletooth Tomini tang

Last edited:

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love goby’s but they make a mess in my experience sand everywhere. I also would love a flame angle however they are hit or miss on eating coral. Damsels can be quite aggressive as well. It’s all a crap shoot sometimes. You can always get them just be aware and have a plan B in place. What about a clean up crew. Your definitely going to want some to help with the algae.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe 2 clowns paired but 4 won't work in the size tank as they mature. Tiny ones would be ok for awhile though.

OP
OP
C

CrazyCoolFishGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love goby’s but they make a mess in my experience sand everywhere. I also would love a flame angle however they are hit or miss on eating coral. Damsels can be quite aggressive as well. It’s all a crap shoot sometimes. You can always get them just be aware and have a plan B in place. What about a clean up crew. Your definitely going to want some to help with the algae.
Thank you so much! Appreciate your help, will definitely take your advice on the damsels and flame! Do you have any advice on a good cleanup crew for the Algae? I plan on having starfish, but if you have any recommendations that would be fantastic

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re definitely going to want to wait a good while on a star fish. They need an established tank to survive. Turbo snails and a bunch of your choice of other snails there is so many other good snails . a small urchin not a pencil or long spine as they can eat coral. I also stay away from crabs personally.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of damsel? Also wanna add the tomini and then the damsel last due to aggression issues with both fish! I would research the damsels, theres so many and most are aggressive little pills! Lol

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! Will definitely wait for the Starfish and add a cool cleanup crew
A diverse cleaner crew which includes a turbo and tuxedo urchin or two is essential but start slow and build up the cleaner crew numbers as your tank requires. If you drop to many in to fast they will starve and die. Trochus, astrella, cerith snails first and some scarlet leg hermits. They add more as needed.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? All those fish and not one wrasse?

What I would do:

- Consider a coral beauty over a flame angel.
- Make that firefish x3. They stay small and like to be together.
- Anthias x3. They also like to be in groups; you could drop one of the gobies to make room.
- Honestly you're a little goby-heavy, I guess if you like gobies that's cool.
- The tomini tang is a good choice. They stay small.
- I would add a wrasse or several. Six line is a simple choice that stays very small. Lots of different fairies and flashers out there, just avoid 2 of the same species.
- Oversize the skimmer because you're now quite overstocked but wow will it look amazing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back