New Fish

Makki_73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a reef keeper for more than half of my life. Currently, I am running a Red Sea Max S500, Kessil Ap700, Geo's Calcium reactor, Skimz Skimmer, Ehiem UV light, Varios 8 return, 3 Two little fish reactors, Skimz bio-pellet, 2 Ecotech MP40, 1 MP10, GHL 2.1 doser, 20G External Refugium powered by Kessil, and an external 30G Frag tank powered by Hydra added to the system.

This tank has been running successfully for 2.5 years. Will start a new system once Red Sea starts selling the XXXL900.

Planning to control both systems by GHL profilux, that is my next step as I always did my tanks the old school way and never had any issues.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2rpsy.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Thank you for the introduction - we're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
Makki_73

Makki_73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R... Glad your decided to join.. Your experience will be welcomed here. Can't wait to see some pics of your current system and when you get the Big Daddy... Please keep us posted...:)
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Do you have any pictures of your setup?

This is an old video I had on my phone. I will post a newer one once I have the time. let me know what you think and Enjoy :).

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old video I had on my phone. I will post a newer one once I have the time. let me know what you think and Enjoy :).

Now That's a Great Tank.. That is what I am working towards. Just Stunning. Hopefully I can lean on you to get me to the place where I am managing a Tank That Awesome. Thank You for posting it for us to enjoy..

OP
OP
Makki_73

Makki_73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your kind words! This was when the tank is just 1.5 years old. Right now I am having lots of issues with the corals as I can't control their massive growth and that is why I am planning to go for the Reefer XXXL900.

The calcium reactor just make things worse with the growth boost it gave. I guess I have GOOD problems in my tank hahaha.
Now That's a Great Tank.. That is what I am working towards. Just Stunning. Hopefully I can lean on you to get me to the place where I am managing a Tank That Awesome. Thank You for posting it for us to enjoy..

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your kind words! This was when the tank is just 1.5 years old. Right now I am having lots of issues with the corals as I can't control their massive growth and that is why I am planning to go for the Reefer XXXL900.

The calcium reactor just make things worse with the growth boost it gave. I guess I have GOOD problems in my tank hahaha.
Yeah... I feel your Pain... lol not really I am only 5 months in.. I know it takes time and I am learning so much. From people like you. I am so glad I found this place. The few corals I have are doing great but I am still trying to figure out what is necessary and what is not. Mistakes in the hobby are costly. Not like playing golf where I just have to buy a DOZEN new balls before I go....

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back