New flame angel question

Fredrxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup guys I got this flame angel about a 2 weeks ago...and it will not eat flakes or pellets food...will only it eat seaweed on a clip and Frozen...food it this normal....also would it be a bad ideal to leave a piece of seaweed on a clip in the tank for about 12 hours...while I am at work?...the angle is really small...want to make sure it's getting food while at work...thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sup guys I got this flame angel about a 2 weeks ago...and it will not eat flakes or pellets food...will only it eat seaweed on a clip and Frozen...food it this normal....also would it be a bad ideal to leave a piece of seaweed on a clip in the tank for about 12 hours...while I am at work?...the angle is really small...want to make sure it's getting food while at work...thanks
Yes. While mine will eat flake and pellets from my auto feeder, it’s not a proper diet
You want foods like:
LRS fish frenzy
Rods original formula
Hikari veggie diet
Hikari marine cuisine
Formula 2 frozen
Small plankton
Mysis shrimp
Spirulina brine shrimp

OP
OP
Fredrxn

Fredrxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. While mine will eat flake and pellets from my auto feeder, it’s not a proper diet
You want foods like:
LRS fish frenzy
Rods original formula
Hikari veggie diet
Hikari marine cuisine
Formula 2 frozen
Small plankton
Mysis shrimp
Spirulina brin wee shrimp

You want foods like:
LRS fish frenzy
Rods original formula
Hikari veggie diet
Hikari marine cuisine
Formula 2 frozen
Small plankton
Mysis shrimp
Spirulina brine shrimp
Ok can leave seaweed on clip for 12 hours...would that affect tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt it will last 22 hours .
I put a sheet of seaweed on my clip and can barely count to 15 before it’s gone

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori polluting the tank depends on the size of the tank, really small tank and it not being eaten for most of the day - every day - it could effect nutrients. But, I think the tank would have to be really small, and nori consistently not eaten. More importantly, if the angel is small, and new - do whatever you need to do to get that sucker eating and happy (which sounds like you are already) - then you can have the luxury of training him on pellets or other foods when he has a calorie buffer. Being able to have your fish take a high quality pellet is a good idea, in addition to frozen foods - to vary their diet, added vitamins, and if you need to put on an autofeeder when you are away...

OP
OP
Fredrxn

Fredrxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori polluting the tank depends on the size of the tank, really small tank and it not being eaten for most of the day - every day - it could effect nutrients. But, I think the tank would have to be really small, and nori consistently not eaten. More importantly, if the angel is small, and new - do whatever you need to do to get that sucker eating and happy (which sounds like you are already) - then you can have the luxury of training him on pellets or other foods when he has a calorie buffer. Being able to have your fish take a high quality pellet is a good idea, in addition to frozen foods - to vary their diet, added vitamins, and if you need to put on an autofeeder when you are away...
My tank is 130 gallons with sump it's just if I don't put nori in the tank the angle fish will not be eating for like 15 hours...I think it's to small...to be with out food that long....I stop feeding at 9pm at night

Back