New flasher wrasse

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just got a new flasher wrasse and I don’t know where he went. Do flasher wrasses bury under the sand like choris wrasses do? I haven’t seen anyone picking on him either.

IMG_2209.jpeg IMG_2208.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just got a new flasher wrasse and I don’t know where he went. Do flasher wrasses bury under the sand like choris wrasses do? I haven’t seen anyone picking on him either.

IMG_2209.jpeg IMG_2208.jpeg
He’s gorgeous, he’s likely hiding in the rockwork/coral. These guys are now sand burrowers however looking at your lights, they’re about to go off so he is likely seeping.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashers and fairy’s do not bury under the sand. Their natural home is under rocks at the sand. They will push sand from under a rock to make a home if needed.
Flashers are fragile and take awhile to adjust to new tank and fish. Also you around the tank stresses them out. Stay back and give him space and time is best

OP
OP
B

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is about 6 hours after putting the flasher in my tank he wasn’t looking super healthy before and looks worse now anything I can do to save it it is it a goner?

Attachments

• IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2211.jpeg
    IMG_2211.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 48

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is about 6 hours after putting the flasher in my tank he wasn’t looking super healthy before and looks worse now anything I can do to save it it is it a goner?
Unfortunately he is a goner… and to me it looks like he managed to give himself a spinal injury from darting into the sides or possibly rocks in either fear or stress.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss that was a stunning fish . Hopefully next time you will have some better luck the wrasses have brilliant colours and markings and I understand why people love them

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe tell you LFS that it was half dead in the bag when you got it home and see what they say . It’s worth a shot . If it was half gone in the bag was it stress from been netted in the shop or bad netting. Get straight on to them the worst they are going to say is no. I’ve watched people netting fish in shops and you feel like taking the net off them the fish is that stressed then wonder why you have problems with the fish when you get home

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, wrasse are extremely fragile. They get stressed very easily , from us and other fishes.

My new way of introducing a wrasse is to put them in a storage tote , yes a storage tote. Only way I can see him is top view. I fatten him up before introduce him to my DT. 2 out of 2 with this method so far.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, wrasse are extremely fragile. They get stressed very easily , from us and other fishes.

My new way of introducing a wrasse is to put them in a storage tote , yes a storage tote. Only way I can see him is top view. I fatten him up before introduce him to my DT. 2 out of 2 with this method so far.
How long do you house them in the tote?

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you house them in the tote?
A week or 2

On a side note, once introduce to the display tank. They are active and eating the next day! Totally surprised me. Both of the wrasses and I add them in at separate times.

My previous experience, it’ll take a week or more to see them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back