New forum for buying and selling 3D printed and handmade items.

Discussion in '3D Printed & Handmade Aquarium Items' started by revhtree, Mar 21, 2019.

1. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Cyber Monday Sponsor Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

We're going to be testing this new forum idea out because we have seen an influx of 3D printed and handmade aquarium item selling. In the past we've really had no place for this (as far as sellers go) but in order to not stifle creativity we're testing out an idea to welcome this type of commerce to the community. We ask that if you are a seller that you honor our rules for this forum and if you're a buyer you make sure that the sellers are honoring our rules as well.

1. Only 3D Printed and Handmade items are to be sold in this forum.

2. All items must be sold through our market add on that works via Paypal. (this little box must be ticked and info added)

Untitled-2.jpg

3. A 5% fee will be taken from each sale. It's automatic. This is a "middle ground" fee for members who fall in between a sponsor and a regular member.

4. All 3D printed and handmade aquarium products must be sold in this new forum only.

5. A new for sale thread must be created for all sale items that are different. If you have 10 of the same items then you can sell all 10 in one thread. Just enter the correct quantity.

6. This new selling forum is for hobbyists who are making items on a small scale and not commercially. Just like sellers who sell coral trimmings. If you’re making items as a business then you will need to contact me for sponsorship details.

Again we are testing this out so please help us by honoring the rules for selling! :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    mfinn, samnaz, brandon clow and 10 others like this.

2. scriptmonkey

scriptmonkey Valuable Member R2R Supporter Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Very interesting turn of events! I don't foresee personally using it as I have enough stuff to print for myself to keep my printer busy, it is nice to have an option. Thank you from the 3d printing community.

revhtree likes this.
  3. sergebmw2

sergebmw2 Active Member Partner Member 2019

Super great idea for those guys that want to print some awesome stuff

revhtree likes this.
  4. GrizFyrFyter

GrizFyrFyter Well-Known Member

Glad to see this being treated fairly.

5. Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics Upgrade Your Flow! Gold Sponsor Partner Member 2019 AZ FRAG Member Article Contributor

Very cool to see R2R providing a platform to the the Reefer/Maker community.

6. GrizFyrFyter

GrizFyrFyter Well-Known Member

For clarification, what's the line between using this for selling printed designs and selling commercially?

I am banned from the marketplace and using PM because I'm considered commercial for also selling outside of this forum. This isn't being applied equally....

7. Moe Kayed

Moe Kayed Member

I have also been trying to email and send messages but have yet to hear back from anyone over the past month. I am willing to be a sponser and would like to get more information as it is also banning me from posting anything in the 3D marketplace.

8. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Awesome!! You'll definitely want to be in touch with @revhtree. Email is usually the best way to reach him about sponsorship. For sponsorship inquiries, email info @reef2reef.com.

9. Moe Kayed

Moe Kayed Member

I don't know what else to do. I emailed and sent messages on Monday. Still no response. Can you please help??

10. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Yes. I'll try to help out.

11. Evan West

Evan West Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

How would you guys recommend handling "multi" orders? The buy now button on my thread is for only one of the covers I produce and often people want to order 2 or 3 or 4. I could have people just keep clicking the button and processing several transactions but this clutters up my paypal and makes orders difficult to track and is tedious for the buyer. I could also make several threads with different order quantities but this may clutter up the sub forum and be confusing. Just wondering what you all think/recommend for handling this :)

12. kschweer

kschweer Zoas!!! Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019 Hospitality Award NJRC Member

Evan West likes this.
  13. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Cyber Monday Sponsor Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

The new market will handle multiple orders. It’s almost ready to test.

kschweer and Evan West like this.
  14. Evan West

Evan West Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Stoked! Can't wait, will threads be migrated/updated or will we need to post again?

15. revhtree

You’ll need to post again because it’s going to be so much more detailed!

Evan West likes this.