Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any suggestions to build on this
IMG_0492.jpeg
this is the egg crate version
IMG_4934.jpeg
IMG_0486.jpeg
and this is the eco tech based frame.

The idea is to create an interchangeable tile to allow for coral to encrust and grow straight across, and avoid it growing downward.(slowing down growth) I ultimately believe this will save time by giving coral an adequate surface to grow between growing out and harvesting frags .

OP
OP
bonarjoseph

bonarjoseph

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be super cool for just a big zoa and take off/replace the outer circle. I'll PM you!
I think I have a pic/nickname for em
That’s a good idea. Could give certain corals a more appealing look in the tank, as well
if you ever need to head on i50 towards Sacramento, hit me up I can give you some freebies

kindafun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how they lock on to the egg crate. Have others done that? It's brilliant!

OP
OP
bonarjoseph

bonarjoseph

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how they lock on to the egg crate. Have others done that? It's brilliant!
I haven’t seen anything, I based it off ecotech. I mainly did it because I felt like ecotech missed a big feature with that. But due to them needing to be a certain shape and size,they are slightly smaller and a different size(more like a legend of Zelda rupee than a hexagon)
The idea was to target large scale aquaculture facilities that already have egg crate and avoid having them buy frames on a bulk scale. This is sorta a project I hope to eventually sell and profit off but for right now it’s more of a pet project

Last edited:

Provate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any suggestions to build on this
IMG_0492.jpeg
this is the egg crate version
IMG_4934.jpeg
IMG_0486.jpeg
and this is the eco tech based frame.

The idea is to create an interchangeable tile to allow for coral to encrust and grow straight across, and avoid it growing downward.(slowing down growth) I ultimately believe this will save time by giving coral an adequate surface to grow between growing out and harvesting frags .
This is a good idea. :D

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back