New Frame for 60Gal

Cruz427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently given a 60 gallon tank from a friend knowing that I needed a new bottom frame for it. Once I picked up the tank I began looking for a new frame and found this 48”x 12”1/2 frame(link below). The exact dimensions of the exterior of the glass on the tank is 47”7/8 x 12”5/16. I contacted the manufacturer of the frame which is in a small town near my home. They responded saying that they they do not make frames for that exact size which I already knew and mentioned in the first email. After talking to the previous owner I found out that in the past he replaced the top frame on this tank with the exact one I am looking at from this company. Do you think that this frame is sufficient for the tank? I would hate to get rid of the tank because I cannot find an exact frame for it and I am not sure if I would be able to make a custom frame for it myself. Thanks in advance!

https://www.aquariumframeswholesale.com/retail-frames

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also check out the frames from glasscages.com. The dimensions of your 60g is really close to the standard 55g long. There is some risk but there is a good chance it will fit. The FAQ at Aquarium Frames Wholesale did mention the maximum size for each frame.

Another wrinkle in this decision is the cost of the frame plus shipping to add to a used tank is almost as much as a new tank at a regular $1/gallon sale from multiple resellers.

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most aquariums, the bottom frame doesn't actually do anything from a structural point of view. Have you considered just not replacing it? You should be able to set the tank on a sheet of foam, and be good to go.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back