New from edmond

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be setting up a 75g reef soon! But im overwhelmed by all the equipment decisions, sumps refugium, etc, etc! Hope to learn a lot hete! Disassembling thid tank in favor of the saltwater.
puzegapy.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
19-1.gif

Welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you share you build with us!! Welcome to R2R!!

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the obsession. I will try to help you as much as possible with any questions you might have as many on here will. If you get the chance try and stop by Custom Reef Creations in Moore. The owner is very knowledgeable and can get you anything you need. He is currently helping me with my new tank build.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking fresh water tank you have by the way. Is that the tank you will be setting up as a reef tank? Do lots of reading is the best advice I can give to you right now. It's not that bad once you get into it just a steep learning curve at the beginning.

OP
OP
Bootstrap

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking fresh water tank you have by the way. Is that the tank you will be setting up as a reef tank? Do lots of reading is the best advice I can give to you right now. It's not that bad once you get into it just a steep learning curve at the beginning.

Im looking at 75-90 gallon tank for reef.
Thanks for the welcome guys!

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom Reef Creations has a 75g that i believe is reef ready that may still be available. are you planning a fish only, lps, sps, or mixed reef tank?

OP
OP
Bootstrap

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom Reef Creations has a 75g that i believe is reef ready that may still be available. are you planning a fish only, lps, sps, or mixed reef tank?

I really like the look of a mixed reef! I'll look into the 75

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you looked into lighting possibilities yet? I know there is alot to consider with a new tank but I have found that it is much better to get exactly what you want the first time. No need in buying 3 different types of lighting, skimmers, etc before you are happy. I went from pc to metal halide to led in the course of a couple years and could have saved alot of money if i just bought what i really wanted in the first place.

OP
OP
Bootstrap

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've already planned on doing LED lighting, I kind of have a "thing" for leds.. My truck is completely fitted with them lol. They produce such crisp and clean light, not to mention the different spectrums that seem to be available.. I'm entrusting alot of this in Leigh Anne of "aquariums fts" in Edmond. She' going to help guide me through this first set up!

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
leigh anne is a great source of info. i haven't been to her shop in a while because i live on the southside but she has helped me alot in the past. she will not stear you wrong. what led's are you considering. i am thinking about ai vega colors for my new build. i had an ai sol blue on my old tank and loved it. the only problem was red corals lost some of their color which should be fixed by the broader spectrum of the vegas.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to go wrong with t5. Very versatile in light spectrum and corals love em.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back