New Gem Tang Addition

DanPerez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I am Extatic, its been a week that I won a Gem Tang in Oceanview Aquatics in Miami. They are an amazing set of guys over there!

I am super happy I won this amazing fish which I now have in QT for the past week and it is eating like a piggy.

However, the new challenge is here.. Remove my old Tangs from my reef in order to cater to this once in a life time fish. Will miss my Purple, Blonde Naso, Yellow, and Sailfin tang.. Cannot risk any trouble for the new gem..

With that said, what would you pair the new Gem with!?!?

Looking forward to the replies =]!

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you talking about pairing fish or other tangs? I wouldn't rush to get rid of all the other fish just to accommodate the Gem. Why not try an acclimation box first to see if aggression is going to be an issue?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about pairing fish or other tangs? I wouldn't rush to get rid of all the other fish just to accommodate the Gem. Why not try an acclimation box first to see if aggression is going to be an issue?
Totally agree. My fish are family, couldn't imagine to remove all just for one. I'm with the idea of the acclimation box

OP
OP
DanPerez

DanPerez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love the keep my current tangs have had them for about 2 years... however, my sailfin and yellow are extremely aggressive. If anything I would love to keep my purple he was one of my first fish =].

I was asking for either a tang addition (prolly black tang) or open to other nice fish to match the Gem Tang. Wouldn't like to see everyday fish with this Gem

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really enjoy my White Tail Bristletooth. Not really "rare" but very uncommon to see in my experience. I think the rich color/pattern on these guys is great. He's also the best algae scrubber in my tank!

I have a gold rim in quarantine right now. Really excited to see him go into the display and color up.

If you know your Sailfin and Yellow are very aggressive then I guess you have the option of re-homing them. If your purple is much more docile I wouldn't ship him off just out of fear. Give them a chance!

Pivitol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on an awesome fish!! Not to be a party pooper but I think you might get more input if this thread was on the "Fish Discussion" page and not the DIY. Maybe a mod can move it for you. Good luck, and again congrats on the Gem.

Back