New Gigantea-MH On or Off

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this purple gig. on Thursday night. It's the smallest I've seen for sale anywhere. Though it's a little bleached, I decided to take the chance and brought it home.

My light set up is 4x24W T5 with 250w DE MH. And for flow, I have a 6055 running pulse mode in full power.

Since it is a little bleached, I haven't turned on my 250w DE until 2 hours ago when I took these pictures. It is pretty healthy and it's going great. I haven't seen it deflated yet and the mouth stay tight. It hasn't moved and it's in a location where there's tons of random flow. I fed a tiny piece of shrimp last night and it grabbed the food instantly and ate it.

My question is should I keep the MH going or shut it off? Can the 4x24w T5 do the job? I rather just run the T5s without having to turn on the MH.

What's it looks like. A little bleached??
_dsc2509.jpg

Close up of tentacles.
_dsc2465.jpg

My clowns love it. They literally went into the anemone a minute after the anemone is being introduce. I chased them to their corner of the tank where they host in hairy mushroom that same night and shut the lights off so that the anemone have some time to adjust. I found them all over the anemone the following morning. Now, they kind of go back and forth between their hosts.
_dsc2498.jpg

_dsc2526.jpg

Location of the anemone. Please note that the tank looks new but it is not. The tank has been set up for over a year now and it was transfer from a tank that was set up 6 years ago. I just like to keep my tank clean. :D
Anything you see here that I should change?
_dsc2519.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I can see somethings you can change, send me the ricordea Yumas....Thats about it.

Nice looking tank bro. I would keep it like it is if you like it, nice clean looking.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks and yes, I fed the gigantea at night.

Would the T5s be enough to keep gigantea? Although I like the MH, I rather not use it because it heats up the tank and spike up my PH. The tank is a lot more stable with just the T5s. Temperature and PH has a much smaller swing with the T5s than with the MH.

Lighting configuration in this pictures with only T5s ON.
-------24W ATI Aquablue------ON
-------24W ATI Blur Plus-------ON
--250W 14k DE MH-- OFF
_dsc2532.jpg

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed another thumbnail size peice of shrimp today. Color is getting better(??)

_dsc3320.jpg

_dsc3323.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can really see more color showing up from the first pics....Looks like it will recover quickly for you. Keep up the good work.

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice.. Keep feeding till it colors up compleatly then let the clown do there job :)

BTW I LOVE your tank set up and your rock pillars..

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight marks the 2nd week for this gig. in the tank. I've running a full 8hrs of MH and feeding it once every 3days. I'm seeing some improving on the color and the size. I hope to have a positive report in two weeks.
Thanks everyone for your inputs and suggestions.

Latest pics from tonight.
_dsc4161.jpg

_dsc4167.jpg

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are great pics. That is the only anemone I would buy if I got back into them. Yours is beautiful. I hope you keep updating the thread as it colors up.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 149 40.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 189 51.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 8.6%
Back