New green Goniopora

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmscott89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tmscott89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2019
Messages
288
Reaction score
49
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7b775ef43d69b10fa1b064492a601aa4.jpg
57fa49ec15147dab1a84e0dd18fe06bb.jpg
9eaabdcaf32fc890132f221aa53e7073.jpg



So I bought this green Goniopora two days ago and as you can see from the pictures less and less is opening. Although my question is this, is it because I keep moving it trying to find the best flow and lighting area for it? Or is something possibly wrong with it for it to close up like that?
 
Leave it in one spot. Constantly moving it will only make it worse
 
I have for about two hours not and won’t touch it anymore. When you mean worse do you mean take longer for it to open again or worse as in damaging it?
 
It will take them longer to open
They are very sensitive coral and the best place to put them is on the sand bed.
 
Well crap I guess I may have to move it one more time haha. It’s low in the tank only about 3 in off the bottom but it’s on some live rock
 
Give it a few days and it should open up
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new