New guy here

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Welcome to R2R!!! I'm glad you chose to dive back into reefing!

PenguinDive.gif

. . . and I'm glad you decided to join this fantastic community!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice tank! The first corals I struggled with were mushrooms. Now I know it was lack of experience. They were bleaching and I had no idea. Novice mistake! :) I can't wait too follow along!

source.gif

OP
OP
RomansReef

RomansReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice tank! The first corals I struggled with were mushrooms. Now I know it was lack of experience. They were bleaching and I had no idea. Novice mistake! :) I can't wait too follow along!

source.gif

Thanks! I lost a lot of mushys and corals with my last reef. inexperience + lack of patience = lots of wasted money and needless death. this time around im much more educated and patient. im hoping ill build the reef ive always intended to. :)

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! Yeah, everyone on here has been amazing. I don't think I joined the forum until I started to actually worry about my mushroom. By then, it was so shriveled and bleached that it didn't stand a chance. I have quite a few mushrooms now and they're thriving.

I don't think I've had many non-correctable mistakes since I've joined the forum. I just ask tons and tons and tons of questions. :)

OP
OP
RomansReef

RomansReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! Yeah, everyone on here has been amazing. I don't think I joined the forum until I started to actually worry about my mushroom. By then, it was so shriveled and bleached that it didn't stand a chance. I have quite a few mushrooms now and they're thriving.

I don't think I've had many non-correctable mistakes since I've joined the forum. I just ask tons and tons and tons of questions. :)

Ive noticed that reef keeping has people who love to share their knowledge (unlike some other hobbies where people rage out on you for asking questions). I cant wait to get to know you all and share my knowledge as well as soak in tons of new information from the pros here on the forum.

What are you keeping in your reef at the moment?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back