New guy here

RomansReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

first off, thanks for having me. Its been a decade since i had my last reef. Unfortunately i had to break it down and sell it due to a divorce and losing the house.
I recently bought my own home and decided to get back into reef keeping. Boy, lots has changed since i've been gone. The equipment, the abundance of healthy aqua cultured fish and corals and a trillion different flavors of clown fish.
anyways, I'm having a lot of fun building my new tank. going from a 180 gallon standard tank to a 125 corner tank is a bit different . I have it up and running, parameters are great and all of the first additions are thriving. i only have some Xenia zoos and mushrooms , 1 coco-worm , 1 baggai cardinal fish, a blue coral-banded shrimp and an assortment of snails and crabs living in and around 175 lbs of live rock. I'm running and SB reef sbox pro 32" light fixture, a reef octopus xp1000sss proteien skimmer, an aqualine DC return pump (1550 gph) and a few current wavemakers. i have a long way to go and im looking forward to sharing my progress with you along the way. Hopefully I wont have to pick your brains to much but i'm sure ill have to on occasion. cheers everyone :)

OP
OP
RomansReef

RomansReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

first off, thanks for having me. Its been a decade since i had my last reef. Unfortunately i had to break it down and sell it due to a divorce and losing the house.
I recently bought my own home and decided to get back into reef keeping. Boy, lots has changed since i've been gone. The equipment, the abundance of healthy aqua cultured fish and corals and a trillion different flavors of clown fish.
anyways, I'm having a lot of fun building my new tank. going from a 180 gallon standard tank to a 125 corner tank is a bit different . I have it up and running, parameters are great and all of the first additions are thriving. i only have some Xenia zoos and mushrooms , 1 coco-worm , 1 baggai cardinal fish, a blue coral-banded shrimp and an assortment of snails and crabs living in and around 175 lbs of live rock. I'm running and SB reef sbox pro 32" light fixture, a reef octopus xp1000sss proteien skimmer, an aqualine DC return pump (1550 gph) and a few current wavemakers. i have a long way to go and im looking forward to sharing my progress with you along the way. Hopefully I wont have to pick your brains to much but i'm sure ill have to on occasion. cheers everyone :)
20190427_153228.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby and R2R!
Nice tank! Thanks for sharing! I appreciate your comment on how things have changed. Remember though, much is still the same.
Share and Like often!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back