OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the blur, I don't have any type of fancy camera or lens.

Here's a pic of the xenia after messing with settings:

011.jpg

Pic of Cheato that is home to pods:
014.jpg

Full Tank Shots:
015.jpg

016.jpg

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahah what do u plan on getting?
2 Clownfish for sure. I saw some sweet black and white occlarious(sp?) clownfish that were like misbared (45$ a piece) and may go and see how they are doing this Sunday. Last week I went down to get some water and I saw them and there was a dead wrasse in the tank so I want to wait to make sure they're doing ok and there isn't some disease going round that tank first. I may also pick up a clam, just depends if my aquarium sells and how my tank parameters are doing. I talked to a guy who was interested in my 125g, so that'll give me plenty of money to spend on my 24g aquapod. I plan on getting a clean up crew, some kind of skimmer possibly, some fish, clam, maybe some coral frags.
My last 3rd fish idk which. Debating a Royal Gramma or Sixline Wrasse. I had a Coral Beauty Angelfish in my 125g and they're cool and all but I want something else and something different. Flame angels don't interest me and the other angel, the lemonpeel, I've heard is a 50/50 chance with a reef. I'm up to suggestions.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love my sixline full of life!!! also i got one misbar black clown and one oce regular they are awsome u will love them!!!!skimmer wise i like the awua c remora with the mj1200 upgrade its a great lil skimmer but you could get away with going with the aqua c nano for your size tank!

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love my sixline full of life!!! also i got one misbar black clown and one oce regular they are awsome u will love them!!!!skimmer wise i like the awua c remora with the mj1200 upgrade its a great lil skimmer but you could get away with going with the aqua c nano for your size tank!
Wow fast response lol. Ok I may consider the sixline, I'll probably wait a while after I get the clowns before I make the last addition. Thanks for the nano skimmer suggestions, I'll look into those.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea def wait a while after you add the first two, rushing the rest can only do harm! yea np you would be hard pressed to find a bad review of the aqua c's, most people who use them love them. You can probably find a used one for around 100 shipped maybe even less.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea def wait a while after you add the first two, rushing the rest can only do harm! yea np you would be hard pressed to find a bad review of the aqua c's, most people who use them love them. You can probably find a used one for around 100 shipped maybe even less.
Ok then I'll look for a used one hopefuly localy.

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, I would get a sixline if I could go back. Try the sixline, and maybe those clowns but only if theyre breeding. Otherwise Id just get 1.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sixline are great IMO, just dont add a mandiran bc six lines eat pods. and ill keep my eyes open for ya on the skimmer

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good point, BUT what if they are just an established pair, bc some wont breed in the home tanks, just bc they are picky idk ive heard of pairs never breeding. does that run the risk of them fighting? I mean even if one is def a male and female, does it always run that risk?

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused now. In my 125g I had a pair of Clarkii Clownfish and I bought one large one and one smaller one, no problem. The bigger one established dominance and the little respected her. They didn't pair up but they didn't fight.
They had one large occ. clownfish at the lfs and a lot of smaller ones. If they have the large one then I'd get that and a smaller one.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was always under the same impresion that if u have one large one small they wont fight, im very interested in why you would think they would fight even if they are "paired", i have a pair of clowns now one is def the female and one is def the male, they dont fight at all. Could this change if they dont start to breed???

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was always under the same impresion that if u have one large one small they wont fight, im very interested in why you would think they would fight even if they are "paired", i have a pair of clowns now one is def the female and one is def the male, they dont fight at all. Could this change if they dont start to breed???
They set up who's the female and who's the weaker male from the start. Unless the male is rebelious why would there be a fight? I mean mine occasionaly fought for food, but the female would put him in his place and that'd be the end of that fight.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what i was thinking, as long as they know there roles so to speak i dont think there will be any problems....any one else care to enlighten us on this topic, would love to get every ones point of view on this one

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back