New guy just saying hello

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. New here but have been in this wonderful hobby 3 years. Started out with a 125g FOWLR and now using a 24g aquapod. Member of saltwaterfish.com and sharkraycentral.com . My 24g is coming along slow since I don't have a lot of money at the moment to fill it up with nice corals. Current stocklist is a cleaner shrimp, pulsing xenia, and some small groups of zoas. I got a powerhead in there and have the stock pump. Using cheato to take care of nitrates and not feeding a lot to prevent phosphates and ammonia. I got 150w Sunpod HQI 14K Metal Hallides. Here are some pics of the tank. Just checking in and I'm glad I found this site. Paintballer768 recommended me.

5e.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R MIKE!! Great to have you here. :D

I really like the rock wall look in your tank!

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nice welcome. Unfortunatly I don't got the money quite yet to fill the cool rock wall with corals. Here is another clearer pic before I added anything to the tank:

5b.jpg

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u can always just send a money order, it wont be nothing special just some starter stuff to get ya something to look at :)

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u go to the gas station and get a western union check and send that its insured and everything! thats what i use i dont use pay pal any more not after i was scammed for 500 bucks

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u go to the gas station and get a western union check and send that its insured and everything! thats what i use i dont use pay pal any more not after i was scammed for 500 bucks
Ok hopefuly this weekend I'll get some cash. I'll let you know when I get the money. Thank you so much again.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some more pics today. As you can see from the pics I need a clean up crew to stir up the sandbed. I'm hoping to sell some old equipment and my old 125g this weekend and if that goes then I'll be able to buy a clean up crew and some other good stuff I need for the 24g. Some of the pics have a blue tint to it, it's the camera settings I changed because it was hard for me to get good pics of the corals with my bright MH's.

Cleaner shrimp:
001.jpg

Anotehr pic of the cleaner shrimp:
002.jpg

Pulsing Xenia that split, I split the rock and hopefuly the second stalk will grow as big as the first one soon.
003.jpg

Zoanthid, I don't know a name, never asked for ID:
004.jpg

Another pic of the zoa:
005.jpg

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score