New guy with a question on Fusion Pro 40

CoSharkfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. Here is my intro...

First, I'm not a fan of sharks in an aquarium - my name refers to my love of the San Jose Sharks - I had season tickets when they first came into the league. I moved to Colorado over 20 years ago, and live about an hour north of Denver - Avalanche country.

I'm a software guy by trade, so I geek out over tech. And aquarium tech has advanced SO much since I left 10 years ago! I'll need to restrain myself a bit there, or I'll blow my budget on set up and have nothing left for corals. :)

Started my first fish-only marine tank in the 70's, and have had a few softy reefs over the years. Looking to dip my toe back in the water (see what I did there? :grimacing-face: ) with an IM Fusion Pro 40.

I have been lurking on R2R for a few weeks getting my knowledge back up to speed. Thanks for all the wonderful insights you all have on keeping corals! I'm still a few months away from starting a tank.

Question for you familiar with the IM Fusion Pro series. I want to put an IM Chaetomax light on the back of one of the chambers to act as a small refugium, but it looks like the back wall of the filter chamber is black. Is that correct? And if so, is it just a film that can be cut and peeled off?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi All. Here is my intro...

First, I'm not a fan of sharks in an aquarium - my name refers to my love of the San Jose Sharks - I had season tickets when they first came into the league. I moved to Colorado over 20 years ago, and live about an hour north of Denver - Avalanche country.

I'm a software guy by trade, so I geek out over tech. And aquarium tech has advanced SO much since I left 10 years ago! I'll need to restrain myself a bit there, or I'll blow my budget on set up and have nothing left for corals. :)

Started my first fish-only marine tank in the 70's, and have had a few softy reefs over the years. Looking to dip my toe back in the water (see what I did there? :grimacing-face: ) with an IM Fusion Pro 40.

I have been lurking on R2R for a few weeks getting my knowledge back up to speed. Thanks for all the wonderful insights you all have on keeping corals! I'm still a few months away from starting a tank.

Question for you familiar with the IM Fusion Pro series. I want to put an IM Chaetomax light on the back of one of the chambers to act as a small refugium, but it looks like the back wall of the filter chamber is black. Is that correct? And if so, is it just a film that can be cut and peeled off?
Wall is indeed black but is good as it will confine the red light to the chamber and not the tank which would promote algae in the tank

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off welcome to the R2R community! I’ve had 2 IM tanks. I haven’t done it myself , but you can peel the black plastic off after cutting it to size for a chaeto mini fuge in the back chamber.
1DCE6524-9615-418B-97CA-C59BBC543229.jpeg

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I have the same tank only an older model, the IM Nuvo Fusion 40. Ive had it since 2014, great tank. You could definitely cut the film just be aware that the flow in the 2nd chambers isnt really that strong. I added an HOB by fijicube (they have new ones now which are black) I use the IM chaetomax led and it works great. The hob allows you to get the ball rolling and that might not work in the chamber of the AIO, its worth a try though and perhaps you can fit a little sicce nano pump on the wall to get some flow over the ball. The reason I mention the HOB for this tank is that the fijicube model fits perfectly within the dimensions of the center chamber right behind the return.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back