OP
OP
CoSharkfan

CoSharkfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off welcome to the R2R community! I’ve had 2 IM tanks. I haven’t done it myself , but you can peel the black plastic off after cutting it to size for a chaeto mini fuge in the back chamber.
1DCE6524-9615-418B-97CA-C59BBC543229.jpeg
Thanks! That is the piece of information I was looking for!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. Here is my intro...

First, I'm not a fan of sharks in an aquarium - my name refers to my love of the San Jose Sharks - I had season tickets when they first came into the league. I moved to Colorado over 20 years ago, and live about an hour north of Denver - Avalanche country.

I'm a software guy by trade, so I geek out over tech. And aquarium tech has advanced SO much since I left 10 years ago! I'll need to restrain myself a bit there, or I'll blow my budget on set up and have nothing left for corals. :)

Started my first fish-only marine tank in the 70's, and have had a few softy reefs over the years. Looking to dip my toe back in the water (see what I did there? :grimacing-face: ) with an IM Fusion Pro 40.

I have been lurking on R2R for a few weeks getting my knowledge back up to speed. Thanks for all the wonderful insights you all have on keeping corals! I'm still a few months away from starting a tank.

Question for you familiar with the IM Fusion Pro series. I want to put an IM Chaetomax light on the back of one of the chambers to act as a small refugium, but it looks like the back wall of the filter chamber is black. Is that correct? And if so, is it just a film that can be cut and peeled off?

Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you joined. I'll defer to others, and POST #5 take VetteGuy's answer over all the others... His knowledge is... WOW... and he took the time to answer so lucky you!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It is never too early, and it will let you track your plans even though you may be months away from 'wet toes' ... (giggle)

This might help you find people local to you in Windsor:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
CoSharkfan

CoSharkfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you joined. I'll defer to others, and POST #5 take VetteGuy's answer over all the others... His knowledge is... WOW... and he took the time to answer so lucky you!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It is never too early, and it will let you track your plans even though you may be months away from 'wet toes' ... (giggle)

This might help you find people local to you in Windsor:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you so much for the info! Still premature to start my build thread, but when I get closer I will absolutely put one together!

Nick711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I was also researching this topic and came across the following video, which shows you can score and pull the black film to create space for a light. (I think it’s more commonly done with the second chamber)

OP
OP
CoSharkfan

CoSharkfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I was also researching this topic and came across the following video, which shows you can score and pull the black film to create space for a light. (I think it’s more commonly done with the second chamber)

Thanks Nick! That is exactly the light and fudge drop-in I have on my build list. Though I plan to put some floss in the top - to try to keep the rear chamber and charro a bit cleaner, as well as to cut down the light coming through the top. Much appreciated!

Back