New Gyre Models

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its pulsing, does it make noise? Tyvm btw, I'm interested in one of these guys :)
If I remember right pulsing below 80% was pretty quiet and above was slightly noticeable. But it's been a while since I played with pulsing and it was with the original xf150.

711reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if this has been asked yet but are the inside mount magnets epoxy or plastic coated or is it a raw magnet being exposed to the water ?

rskarvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the ICV6 functionality for gyre pumps?

Disappointed to figure out that I would have to buy 4 Icecap Gyre interface modules to control the 4 XF250's I plan to use.

Ricardo@Coralvue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend they are working hard on it, but if you have to have the WiFi availability now, just pull the plug, they wont release until they are sure it works 100%

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i buy the gyre and ice cap do i need to buy the gyre controller as well or can i save some money to hook it up on an apex controller?

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i buy the gyre and ice cap do i need to buy the gyre controller as well or can i save some money to hook it up on an apex controller?
You can get the pump only, ice cap module, and use that with the apex with out the controller BUT you would also need to get a power supply as well. Pump only is just that with no power supply.

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I downsized to a redsea250 roughly 50 gallons in dt i moved my xf230s in there and the flow set at 20% is to much and I'm getting no gyre just a whirlpool effect in the middle where the two collid. I have them set to 6sec anti sync. Any recommendations for this tank? I'm getting a good amount of destruis build up on my sand bed to from it not moving my sand very well.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I downsized to a redsea250 roughly 50 gallons in dt i moved my xf230s in there and the flow set at 20% is to much and I'm getting no gyre just a whirlpool effect in the middle where the two collid. I have them set to 6sec anti sync. Any recommendations for this tank? I'm getting a good amount of destruis build up on my sand bed to from it not moving my sand very well.
my suggestion would be to angle the outputs of the gyre into like a criss cross pattern, one up one down and then the opposite on the other gyre. thats what i do with mine and i can get them rocking up to 60% without a sand storm or splashing water out of the tank. (2/250's on a reefer 450)

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my suggestion would be to angle the outputs of the gyre into like a criss cross pattern, one up one down and then the opposite on the other gyre. thats what i do with mine and i can get them rocking up to 60% without a sand storm or splashing water out of the tank. (2/250's on a reefer 450)
What setting do you have it on anti,sync? Ogc?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend they are working hard on it, but if you have to have the WiFi availability now, just pull the plug, they wont release until they are sure it works 100%
Have you heard anything new on the ICV6 <> Apex functionality @Ricardo@Coralvue

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get the pump only, ice cap module, and use that with the apex with out the controller BUT you would also need to get a power supply as well. Pump only is just that with no power supply.
Ok. So to get this straight before I buy things on Black Friday.

I have the new Apex 2016 (never had a controller) and want to run 2 xf250s on my 180g, controlled by the APEX.

On a normal day, I simply want to run one side by itself for 5 minutes, the other for 5 minutes, then both together for 5 minutes.

I would want to have them run at maybe 20% at night and would want to be able to shut them off to feed with my fire tablet.

I can do all of this by only buying:

2 gyres, 2 ice cap modules, and 2 power supplies?

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hate the fact I have 2 XF280 and there are zero options for integration with Apex after a year of promises that it is coming soon. I would not have purchased had I know the promises were not going to be kept. The supplied controller is not intuitive to use and my screen burned out at the 8 month mark. Maxspect let us see some action and less rhetoric on this subject.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bringing this back up... i have one i ordered last year.. long story but tank is back up now after a year.. so i never put the two on the tank only one.. the one i just put on ran a week.. now the red light is on.. i took it apart.. per the videos.. no issue with dirt.. it is apart down to the housing.. still wont go on.. removed the shaft put in bucket of water ..still will not go on.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bringing this back up... i have one i ordered last year.. long story but tank is back up now after a year.. so i never put the two on the tank only one.. the one i just put on ran a week.. now the red light is on.. i took it apart.. per the videos.. no issue with dirt.. it is apart down to the housing.. still wont go on.. removed the shaft put in bucket of water ..still will not go on.

Puppy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see an answer so I’ll ask. I have a 90 gallon 4’ long. I’d prefer to have just one gyre. What size would you recommend. I’ve seen video with one gyre and another pump on opposite side. I’m looking for just one in my tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back