New Hanna Marine Master Available in BRS

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that you can only do 1 at a time is a deal breaker. 3 minutes for PO4 and 7 minutes for NO3. I do NO3 first and then PO4 while NO3 is testing. If it's faster I might think about it, but I have had to redo tests enough times as it is because I missed a timer. That has no longer an issue with the times now.
While I am doing po4 I am also doing alk and no3. Where is the time saving.
on the other hand I understand but might be wrong you can program your own test.
The benefit we are sure about is logging over separate tests

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if I am wrong, but neither this nor the eggs can actually be calibrated (in the sense of changing what is displayed on the screen), regardless of whether storefronts use the word "calibration".

You can use those standards with colored solution that they sell, but that doesn't calibrate anything it just tells you "this is fine" or "this is not fine, change batteries and clean the vial, if that doesn't help send in for repair". And it just concernes the led and sensor, not the quality of reagents

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have it yet? I’d be very interested in their experience.

CarolynZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following too. I am also on the fence. I have an Alk and Phosphate egg. I need to replace calcium, magnesium and nitrate as I have used up my salifert kits. I also hate trying to determine the color of the end result. Is it THIS or is it THAT? Or sometimes it doesn’t look like anything on the chart

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot see why anyone would get it, rather than just the checkers they want.
Randy, is the light source the same in all the hanah testers, just the regent and interpretation is different? I've always wondered that because they have different "eggs" for saltwater and freshwater but the only difference seems to be the regent to me.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Randy, is the light source the same in all the hanah testers, just the regent and interpretation is different? I've always wondered that because they have different "eggs" for saltwater and freshwater but the only difference seems to be the regent to me.

Presumably the calibration on the chip is different for the different color reagents but that's just a guess. Also, just a guess but I'd be surprised if there was much difference between them, other than possibly different LCD screens and the color of the outer case.

One selling point of the all-in-one would be if it had a better quality measuring components, but nothing has been said about that as far as I have seen.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They use different color LEDs for different tests, they list in the specifications which one it is.

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have it yet? I’d be very interested in their experience.
Yep. I have one and yes I like it. Is it better than the 'eggs'? No. The 'eggs' work great! What I like about it. 1) Love the case and having everything in one spot! I like that it does not turn off quickly! I love the backlit display! I really like the walk through instructions. Lastly, I did not think I would like the logging feature but guess what?! I like the logging feature. I really like the logging. Overall, I'm very happy with it but if it's not in the budget I would be totally fine with the 'eggs.'

What I don't like? I feel the 'buttons' could have been done better. I have to press harder than I would like. Also, I think the Phosphate has a 'bug' in the firmware! In the eggs you mix the solution for 2 mins. In the master kit it just says mix until dissolved. Well, is that 2 mins or 2 seconds? They should have a time amount. Which brings me to my major I don't like. Hanna? Are you reading this? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

So, my biggest fail for this marine master device is that they say in some of the test shake for 2 mins. Okay then...why does this not have a 2 min timer going off? WHY? WHY DO I NEED TO SET A TIMER IN ANOTHER DEVICE? At this price point, I should NOT need to set a timer on a watch or Alexa. It's a small detail but that's the point! They should not have missed this.

The firmware is version 1 and in the battery compartment exists a socket that I ASSUME can be used to upgrade. So I hope the do better for version 1.1!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was excited at first because I thought it might do automatic water assessments! That would have been a game changer.

Replacing my existing Hana checkers with another manual Hana checker -- is an example of not being in touch with your customer's needs. This only addresses the needs of someone that does not already have Hana kits. Had they been automatic testers --- they would be flying off the shelf.
I honestly dont even think it address the needs of someone who doesnt have hanna kits. I dont have them and am in the market for them..but I am not going to waste my money on this. Terrible idea and definitely 'ivory tower designing'.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I cant say that I am surprised, it really does look like this product was a bust. I dont see this on any of the major sites. Plus, I doubt it is backwards compatible for the new magnesium tester.

Rest In Peace GIF by Kochstrasse™

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I cant say that I am surprised, it really does look like this product was a bust. I dont see this on any of the major sites. Plus, I doubt it is backwards compatible for the new magnesium tester.

Rest In Peace GIF by Kochstrasse™

Haha yup. Below was my guess from last October. Looks like discontinued was the answer. Not that it took Nostradamus or anything.

My guess is by this time next year this model is discontinued or significantly cheaper.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back