Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Rebecca, welcome to R2R!! :)

welcome to saltwater Reef keeping.

Do you have a picture of your clowns?
I have photos from video of the original two. Unfortunately the male is no longer with us. I will provide the story in my build thread.
Their names are Cookie (Female) and Cream (male) the first photo you will see Cream on the top and the second photo you will see Cookie in front.

Attachments

• 707EEDEA-22AE-43A8-ADD2-1EBF5E33C20F.png
    707EEDEA-22AE-43A8-ADD2-1EBF5E33C20F.png
    532.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 1D0CC755-3706-4420-9D80-33DE77D9F343.png
    1D0CC755-3706-4420-9D80-33DE77D9F343.png
    524.6 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
ManaReef

ManaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have photos from video of the original two. Unfortunately the male is no longer with us. I will provide the story in my build thread.
Their names are Cookie (Female) and Cream (male) the first photo you will see Cream on the top and the second photo you will see Cookie in front.
Unfortunately the blue hue of their scales did not pick up on camera.

OP
OP
ManaReef

ManaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community Rebecca! I love anything goby like as well as mandarins and seahorses as well as oddities like frogfish. :)

I love Mandrains as well as Ruby Red Scooter Bennies! Seahorses are so fun. I’ve never heard of Oddities or Frogfish, they look cool!

ireef2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
My name is Rebecca. My husband has been in the reefing hobby for about a year now and works at a coral shop. While visiting him at the shop, one day, someone brought in a pair of gorgeous Black Storm Clowns. I fell in love with the two and that is how my journey started.
I now have a 20 gallon cube tank w/ a 6 gallon sump. I’m excited to learn how to maintain a healthy reef.
What’s your favorite salt water creature?
Welcome to the community! I have only been part of R2R for a week but it’s been awesome so far! The black storm clownfish are awesome! If I had to say, my favorite creature would be the green dragonet mandarin, this is a staple in most of my tanks. Hard to keep at first because of the finicky eaters they are but once you get the copepods in, they are amazing!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting pictures.

Sorry for your loss, very cool looking clowns.

FYI, clowns can be aggressive when introducing a mate, sometime they will kill the newly introduced mate. I have found to wait then introduce a small mate and wait :)

ComfortRacing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the sickness Rebecca!! Always starts small and before you know it your ordering a 650 gallon peninsula!

love those clowns! My favorite right now is probably my Huge powder blue tang i picked up a few weeks ago.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back