New here

Twinnny_Twinnn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
From NJ, and decided to get into the reef world. I currently have a 150 gallon setup, and it’s been going through it’s cycle for two weeks now. I have some chromas in the tank to help out with the cycle. They are doing well. I came across Some diatoms (brown algae). It scared the crap out of me, because it came out of nowhere, overnight. Did my research and found out it was a phase, and my tank cycle is coming to a end.
What should be my next step?
Should I look into a clean up crew?
Should I do nothing about the diatom?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your build with lots of photos! :)
 
Hello everyone,
From NJ, and decided to get into the reef world. I currently have a 150 gallon setup, and it’s been going through it’s cycle for two weeks now. I have some chromas in the tank to help out with the cycle. They are doing well. I came across Some diatoms (brown algae). It scared the crap out of me, because it came out of nowhere, overnight. Did my research and found out it was a phase, and my tank cycle is coming to a end.
What should be my next step?
Should I look into a clean up crew?
Should I do nothing about the diatom?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Welcome to R2R. And welcome to the Uglies. You will experience a case of all of the algae blooms. :) Just be patent and don't freak out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new