New here

Jcb01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am from the Netherlands. I joined a while ago and enjoying all the available info and discussions.
Started my first reef tank around 2006 but had to leave the hobby acter some years due to several deployments.

Decided to start again earlier this year. First started to watch like a ton of brs, tidal garden and other yt content. Which really helped. All this info and equipment updates really make this hobby a lot easier that it used to be imo. Hats of for brs and tidal content.

My tank:
Red sea reefer 250
Radion xr30g4 running ab plus with longer ramp times
De barry 25w uv sterilizer.
Pacific sun co2 scrubber
Seneye
Reefwave 25
Active carbon reactor.

Lifestock. 2 tangs (took them from someone else, will be replaced for smaller ones when they grow too big)
2 anemone fish, copperband, 2 pipefish, cleaner wrasse.

Korals. Mainly mixed reef. Sps corals under hotspot om 250 par, left side euphyllia garden, right side goniopora. Some ricordeas which have multiplied from 1 to 5.

Dosing a local brand which has been released a while back as a 1 part dosing system based on kh consumption called reef elixer. Also dosing reef fuel once every 2 days from the same brand to reduce nitrate.
Dosing phosphate daily because the levels are hardly detectable.
Also dosing live copepods weekly to keep the pipefish wel fed.

Started 01st of june with two aquaroche pillars and the rest liferock. Waited until amonia levels (nh3) dropped according to my seneye before starting with two clowns and some corals. Checked rest of parameters every 3 days for some weeks. Now weekly

Coral growth is currently increasing for most corals at least.
Levels at this moment ph 8.2, 2 nitrate, 0.3 phosphate, 430 calcium, 1300 mg, 9kh.

Planning to upgrade to either a kh guardian, apex or kh director. Not sure yet what to choose. Also thinking of swapping the xr30g4 to two xr15 g5 blue. To spread more evenly.

All is running fairly smooth and a lot is thanks to the info on this forum.
20200926_230840.jpg

IMG-20200920-WA0013.jpg

20200926_224210.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! Beautiful tank!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
J

Jcb01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! What system are you using to track Temp, ph, on the display? Thinking its seneye. How do you like it so far?
Hi yes indeed seneye. I use a old windows tablet as a server instead of the webserver. Way cheaper. Seneye performs ok, just remember to always calibrate new slides with regards to ph. Second nice point is the par meter.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back