New Hipargero 100 watt light thoughts?

marmar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have this light? I think it’s new and made by the same people that made the 30 watt hipargero A029 light. Wondering if I should upgrade to it from the 30 watt hipargero. Currently have a standard 20 gallon mixed reef tank. Any thoughts or opinions?

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Followup? I just squeezed the trigger after a couple of weeks of research purchasing two Hipergero 100 watt led lights for a 66 gallon tank 40x20x20. Some of the deciding factors taken into consideration was the manufacturer's claim to supply adequate par far beyond the depth of 20 inches for my application. Considering the lights utilize 5 watt leds I do not doubt better par coming from a 2 watt led reef lighting solution Bozily/Relassy which failed because of salt spray. Another selling point was Amazon's warranty extension for 3yrs. I am hoping not to experience a financial loss in the next three years should the lights fail etc or fall short of manufacturer's advertisement/claims.

61FO0bsnmZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

marmar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, so after using it for around a month and a half I have found some pros and cons. All my corals are happy and h

Pros:
- light is strong, bright and will definitely provide enough par (however this depends on your tank dimensions, I have a 20 gallon tall)
- Good light spectrum and customizability to get desired spectrum
- built in timer
- built in interface on light
Cons:
- Remote is unresponsive at times
- Customizing and interface could be complicated for some people
- Mount/Mounting issues (saw some people had issues on rimmed and rimless tank mounting)

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, so after using it for around a month and a half I have found some pros and cons. All my corals are happy and h

Pros:
- light is strong, bright and will definitely provide enough par (however this depends on your tank dimensions, I have a 20 gallon tall)
- Good light spectrum and customizability to get desired spectrum
- built in timer
- built in interface on light
Cons:
- Remote is unresponsive at times
- Customizing and interface could be complicated for some people
- Mount/Mounting issues (saw some people had issues on rimmed and rimless tank mounting)

Hope you do not mind me contributing to your thread Marmar! Took delivery of the Hipargero 100 watt led lights a few hours ago. Walking through the setup was very easy after having read the instructions. The Master/Slave equipment setup was easy enough as well setting only the Master designated unit (time/and coral type). No problems mounting the lights on 10mm glass rimless tank. The picture does not do justice to the amount of illumination provided by the led lights. The Bozily/Relassy (1-2 watt leds) were rated at 300 watts and these Hipargero (5 watts) are rated at 130 watts each. Without a Par meter I can only offer the Hipargero are extremely more powerful at depth. I like the shimmering effect of the lights on the sandy bottom something hardly noticeable with the Bozily/Relassy.

In the past I owned the Maxspect Razor 300 watt Led reef lights and loved them. At this time if "reliability" does not come into factor these Hipargero provide the same illumination for a fraction of the price.

20220831_142121.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

marmar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you do not mind me contributing to your thread Marmar! Took delivery of the Hipargero 100 watt led lights a few hours ago. Walking through the setup was very easy after having read the instructions. The Master/Slave equipment setup was easy enough as well setting only the Master designated unit (time/and coral type). No problems mounting the lights on 10mm glass rimless tank. The picture does not do justice to the amount of illumination provided by the led lights. The Bozily/Relassy (1-2 watt leds) were rated at 300 watts and these Hipargero (5 watts) are rated at 130 watts each. Without a Par meter I can only offer the Hipargero are extremely more powerful at depth. I like the shimmering effect of the lights on the sandy bottom something hardly noticeable with the Bozily/Relassy.

In the past I owned the Maxspect Razor 300 watt Led reef lights and loved them. At this time if "reliability" does not come into factor these Hipargero provide the same illumination for a fraction of the price.

20220831_142121.jpg

Nice! I personally really like the light too. I think the price is crazy for what you get with the light. I've talked to their customer service before and have to say that they are very nice and ready to work out any problems or answer any questions. As for reliability I've only had it for a short time, but it's still holding strong with no issues.

boonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - Just to contribute, I purchased these about a month ago as well for my come back to hobby tank. Converted fluval flex 15 to marine tank.

I have the light about 18inch over surface of water and running 5% white, 75% on blues and purple, 5% warm white. Keeping mixed tank including sps and seems be doing ok thus far. Might look to increase percentage a little but hard to tell without a par meter.

What setting are you running yours at and what coral are you keeping happy?

Also been looking to modding the light with a light diffuser.

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - Just to contribute, I purchased these about a month ago as well for my come back to hobby tank. Converted fluval flex 15 to marine tank.

I have the light about 18inch over surface of water and running 5% white, 75% on blues and purple, 5% warm white. Keeping mixed tank including sps and seems be doing ok thus far. Might look to increase percentage a little but hard to tell without a par meter.

What setting are you running yours at and what coral are you keeping happy?

Also been looking to modding the light with a light diffuser.

I customized the "mix" type coral setting. The sunlight for mixed setting was customized reducing each channel intensity 10% equally.
At this time I haven't invested in much coral only a polyp frag and Kenya tree. At 10% reduced mixed setting Pajama Cardinals tend to find shady areas in the tank under rock overhangs etc though Clowns are unaffected.
The Hipergero LED lights have functioned reliably.

Last edited:

TheNemDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I've had 3 of these lights since they first showed up in amazon. They have been one of the best budget lights I've ever owned. It's a pretty bright unit with a lower ammount of shimmer. It seems to be a type of hybrid unit with a COB center with spread out sets of LEDs around the edges. Has some shimmer while having a decent spread which I enjoy. My AI prime with a diffuser still has more shimmer which surprised me. The light definitely puts out a more purplish look which rinds me of those Fiji purple t5 bulbs. The setup is a bit weird but easy to figure out once ya read the directions.

Right now I have down graded to a WB-25 peninsula and only have one. Fits the footprint perfectly but there is a decent ammount of light spillage. I have a mix of anemones including Chicago BTAs and they've seemed to take a liking to the spectrum this light provides.

Settings are as follows.
Ch1-5
Ch2-70
Ch3-70
Ch4-70
Ch5-5

Attachments

• 20230118_165753.jpg
    20230118_165753.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 20230118_165119.jpg
    20230118_165119.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 417

TheNemDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've upgraded my tank and now run 4 of these bad boys. Love the color and growth so far!

Attachments

• 20230309_165022.jpg
    20230309_165022.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 368

PGD123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took delivery of the A100 from hipargero… seems to be well made, easy to mount and set up, will be playing will channels/% over the next few days.
Hope to find a light shade for it…
Will post updates as I add corals to the tank - Aquatop Recife 24.

97397694-EEFF-47D9-A94A-1EF254D3A1F9.jpeg 7756AE50-4ACB-4467-A662-1A0874C83875.jpeg BE50DF0A-FFBC-407C-B4B6-8EA8DB091A24.jpeg 73597BA3-4A41-47EC-8BC3-818A07DC5C44.jpeg

Salt reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what size tank? I have a 75 with two and the pictures looks like they are not far off the top of the tank and what are your settings my bs aren't doing as good as yours

mikeyzzzzzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I've had 3 of these lights since they first showed up in amazon. They have been one of the best budget lights I've ever owned. It's a pretty bright unit with a lower ammount of shimmer. It seems to be a type of hybrid unit with a COB center with spread out sets of LEDs around the edges. Has some shimmer while having a decent spread which I enjoy. My AI prime with a diffuser still has more shimmer which surprised me. The light definitely puts out a more purplish look which rinds me of those Fiji purple t5 bulbs. The setup is a bit weird but easy to figure out once ya read the directions.

Right now I have down graded to a WB-25 peninsula and only have one. Fits the footprint perfectly but there is a decent ammount of light spillage. I have a mix of anemones including Chicago BTAs and they've seemed to take a liking to the spectrum this light provides.

Settings are as follows.
Ch1-5
Ch2-70
Ch3-70
Ch4-70
Ch5-5
What’s your most moon light settings?

datgsxrboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've upgraded my tank and now run 4 of these bad boys. Love the color and growth so far!
Tank looks great!

What dinensions are your tank and what is your mounting height and light settings at?

Just got my son a 60 cube 24 x 24 x 24 and wanna get it setup with this light. Gonna be a LPS dominate tank with a few SPS.

ohsnapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run it on my 25 lagoon. about a year now and still going strong. because it's short, I only run the blues at 20%

Attachments

• 20240229_112309.jpg
    20240229_112309.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 36

NanoMixer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these over a 20g standard rimmed tank. No issues mounting with the rim. Currently have good growth on my SPS, BTA, zoas, and softies. Did have to raise it and scale back the SPS settings because it bleached my coralline. This light is STRONG. I’m getting better growth with it than with the AI Prime (way too much shadowing with just one with the way my tank is shaped and my live rock setup, didn’t have budget for a second one at the time). I’m super happy with it and I’d buy it again.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this be overkill for a Waterbox 15 peninsula?

19.7" x 13.8" x 13.8"

I know I can lower the channels, my concern is excessive light spill

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back