New Holy Grail Torch Placement

QBang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a new OG Holy Grail added to my 20Gal Reef yesterday and it looks like he is doing very well after 24 hours. I had created a perch for him that the smaller of the two torches on the bottom had occupied for a week or so prior to the Grail's arrival and he did just fine there. I currently have one Hyggar Power head that I have not yet turned on since i put the grail in and am kind of afraid to turn on right now as I have seen stories of people losing expensive Grails with too much flow. I am also concerned of what my par might be at that "above mid" location on the rock work.

This is my first Reef and it is almost 2 years old. I have attached a picture and numbers from my AI prime numbers (I run mostly blues). I'm really looking to determine if everything looks fine and don't move the Holy Grail or am I risking too much keeping him on that perch due to flow or lighting and I should move him down to the bottom like the other torches for now? I am currently temped to leave the power head off as I seem to get decent enough flow so far without it.

At thoughts would be greatly appreciated1

Grail1.jpg
SideView.jpg
MyAI-Grail.jpg

OP
OP
QBang

QBang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that makes sense. I have read people saying higher light was good for the color. I didn't consider whites raising the whites and was only thinking par and placement. Thanks!
To keep its brighter gold I’d suggest whiter lighting and higher the par the better! All my gold torches love super high light and dull out in lower lighting..
Oh that makes sense! I have read people saying higher light was good for the color. I didn't consider whites or raising the whites and was only thinking par and placement. Thanks!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that makes sense. I have read people saying higher light was good for the color. I didn't consider whites raising the whites and was only thinking par and placement. Thanks!

Oh that makes sense! I have read people saying higher light was good for the color. I didn't consider whites or raising the whites and was only thinking par and placement. Thanks!
Just keep an eye on everything if you introduce more white, it might bleach stuff out if raised to quickly.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant add much to what @Troylee said other than keep it where it is it looks like it likes it and looks good there. Only problem with that is its probably going to sting the stuff near it eventually. Got a video to show flow might help someone else help you.

OP
OP
QBang

QBang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attaching a quick video I just took. Hopefully that shows a bit of the current flow.

Attachments

• 20240208_125236.mp4
    16.2 MB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back