New Home - New Build

Ready to tank! Will do that over the weekend with my super strong daughter 😊

1784932191114.jpeg
I have a genuine question. I know RS gets a bad rep for the seam issues, but looking at this stand and the support on the center, it kind of makes sense to me. Are the majority of the seam issues using a RS stand?

Im no engineer, but id be terified of that much water with that little of support. Its a ikea cabinet..
 
I have a genuine question. I know RS gets a bad rep for the seam issues, but looking at this stand and the support on the center, it kind of makes sense to me. Are the majority of the seam issues using a RS stand?

Im no engineer, but id be terified of that much water with that little of support. Its a ikea cabinet..
This is not the completed stand, there is another brace installed later in the middle of the sump section. The floor of the cabinet, and installation. of the sump, come after this picture, followed by the brace.

I've read about the seam issues though. I was running a Red Sea Reefer 750xxl before this build, and over 5 years or so, I never had a seam issue. Otherwise I would not have stuck with Red Sea. Not sure. if those with seam issues did not take time to level the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new