OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve got one tank running, just mixing up about 40 more gallons for the other one and both tanks should be running. Also got the apex rolling and hooked up some basic functions for now. Hoping Sunday I can dial in the par.
2953A610-45C9-409D-ACDF-5772B99C9EC7.jpeg

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve noticed with my new RODI unit that I get roughly 300 gallons of o tds water made with my di resin. I don’t think that’s too bad. It must have been my low pressure.
Is that up from before, not having one yet it doesnt seem like much given your overall system size. Is that normal?

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that up from before, not having one yet it doesnt seem like much given your overall system size. Is that normal?
I feel like it’s average after initial fill of the tanks I won’t be using much water besides small water changes and top off. My old unit I got about 75 gallons and di was shot.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,not sure if we talked about this, run an inline "menards" whole house filter with reg string filter ,directly before entire rodi system.. just like an add on ,will increase your good water ratio ,and save filters in system.. ;) :cool:

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,not sure if we talked about this, run an inline "menards" whole house filter with reg string filter ,directly before entire rodi system.. just like an add on ,will increase your good water ratio ,and save filters in system.. ;) :cool:
I have heard of others doing this, it really makes that much of a difference?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's my plan after the recommendation :) Cheap and easy compared to what we've been doing lol. I think it will sure extend the life of the sediment filter a bit more and so on...

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on a well and already have one, 10 micron I think. Should I add another when I do my RODI? And before or after water softener?

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was late and I decided to just screw it haha.

You are gonna have lots of par In those low boys!
I will be dialing in the par today I’m curious to see how high I need the fixtures. All have brand new bulbs.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely need to add in more stages/filters when running off a well. As mentioned getting the co2 off before entering the DI is a big one.

Have you after about going the custom tank route?
I added another di stage which now I have dual. If I don’t see an improvement then I will definitely set it up for gassing off the co2, but I’m on city water. I’m leaning towards the custom side.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for you all on the frag tanks. So my plan is the tank on right is for sps only, going to shoot for around 300 par in that tank. But for the other one on the left is for everything else lps and softies and what not. What do you think would be a good par to shoot for the tank is 10” tall. Around 100 you think?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes big difference ,add directly before unit.. yes saves all unit filters ,extends di life ,would never do again without.
and yes even if you have one on house ,add second as part of rodi system.. :)

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes big difference ,add directly before unit.. yes saves all unit filters ,extends di life ,would never do again without.
and yes even if you have one on house ,add second as part of rodi system.. :)
Thanks for the reply Frank! Any idea on what I should shoot for on my par?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:rolleyes:not a clue ,never measured ,die hard t12 vho user ,def enough to do anything ,just eyeball lower light areas as needed ,old school ,read the corals..;)
side note ,if going custom built tank give @Joe Glass Cages a call ..:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back