New IOND email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I read/saw that @Ditto has more videos (set-up, measuring) but they are in the editing process. As he said, he was in such an excited state when he received his, he shot and uploaded the raw unedited unboxing video.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's odd that nobody has done an actual testing and comparison to test kit video. I think that the people receiving units are all Beta Testers still under NDA. If I was one of the first to geat one, then sure I would do an unboxing video but within 48 hours I would have uploaded a testing and review video.
Yes, everyone that has one is a tester. Their job as a tester is to test. Not do comparison videos.
I'm sure now that the testing is over you'll see your videos.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Member No 1 and @Scdell - Thanks. I do work a full time job and testing was the priority and not video's.

As for the initial setup I am updating the video and replacing the steps from the GHL Legacy desktop software to that of the GHL connect app, because of this it taking me a little bit longer but getting it done. Then onto results, hopefully before the other testers beat me to it. :)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, everyone that has one is a tester. Their job as a tester is to test. Not do comparison videos.
I'm sure now that the testing is over you'll see your videos.
Yes but part of that testing has got to be making sure the numbers match some sort of reference. You can test calibration fluid all day long but as Mindstream learned it's not the same as testing Tank water that may have various chemicals in it of different levels. This is a big factor when it comes to Beta testing as the tech can be possibly fooled by additives or certain kinds of acids and you want to know which ones can cause it or which kinds of tanks have the problem. Mindstream found this out the hard way when actual owners used it in Tank water that was on the dirty side of the spectrum.

To your other point I thought these guys had their actual units now and not Beta units (Since everyone is doing unboxing videos on finished products). So they are no longer in the testing phase but should be regular owners now.

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank water that may have various chemicals in it of different levels. This is a big factor when it comes to Beta testing as the tech can be possibly fooled by additives or certain kinds of acids and you want to know which ones can cause it or which kinds of tanks have the problem.
Its not only a big factor according to beta testing - it is a large factor to every test of a "living" water. if you do not have that in mind - despite of testing method or brand of the testing gear - you will be lost in translation sooner or later. (translation of what you really are reading) Therefor it is very important to not relay on one method or brand. It is also - IMO - important to have something as an reference - in my case - it is ICP testing. I use Triton as my main provider of test - but now and when - I send in a test to Oceamo. Not because I do not trust Triton - just because they also use other methods for testing and I get a broader picture.

A testing method is always under development as more and more experiences coming in. GHL has an active ticket system and are active in forums. It means that there is a steady stream of experiences coming in and IMO - GHL have been very active in making their products better with help of a large user base.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said earlier. Don't get your hopes up for getting this thing anytime soon.
I inquired about my lightbar again after 8 weeks waiting.
Here's the response I got.

Yes, this morning I was informed that Germany is currently waiting on more raw materials to arrive in order to assemble this LB as well as many others. Unfortunately, the supply chain is still disrupted due to limited parts availability and carrier delays. HQ orders as much as possible , but given the unusual circumstances there is still a lot of inconsistencies with availability of materials. Sometimes they get what they ordered, other times there are backorders on their-end which of course may trickle down to the consumer. Definitely not the news I wanted to deliver. We certainly weren’t expect it to be this long.

I'm thinking realistically? September - October

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said earlier. Don't get your hopes up for getting this thing anytime soon.

Yes, this morning I was informed that Germany is currently waiting on more raw materials to arrive in order to assemble this LB as well as many others. Unfortunately, the supply chain is still disrupted due to limited parts availability and carrier delays. HQ orders as much as possible , but given the unusual circumstances there is still a lot of inconsistencies with availability of materials. Sometimes they get what they ordered, other times there are backorders on their-end which of course may trickle down to the consumer. Definitely not the news I wanted to deliver. We certainly weren’t expect it to be this long.

Exactly- I’m in that same boat except I’ve been waiting 4wks (2 more to go) for a replacement cap for the kh ph probe… told 3wks just to be told another 3wks (after I contacted them). Im at a point now where I don’t believe what they say. Time for ghl to stop promising and start delivering

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

September - October 2022 if we are lucky

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks for sharing. Definitely not a promising status to receive.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. Supply chains in Europe might be totally different than supply chains in the US???
Can't get an outboard motor here. Most of them are produced overseas.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. Supply chains in Europe might be totally different than supply chains in the US???
Can't get an outboard motor here. Most of them are produced overseas.

On an aside, US ports are seeing record amounts of cargo coming in and west coast ports have a queue of ~20 ocean ships anchored waiting to offload. Europe is seeing a similar volume increases.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ION Director production is in full swing and ready to ship from Germany in a few more days!
This is from the live at Reefapalooza thread.

"It’s headed towards the warehouse now. Should be here by mid next week, possibly sooner depending on customs."

This is the response I received when I emailed about an update on my lightbar last week.
I believe the first wave of IOND's and my lightbar are hitting US shores as I write.
Now it's just a matter of where one is on the pre order list.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair to GHL, Vinny told me upfront that the shipping date meant the date when it would leave the Factory in Germany. So he did say it would then have to travel to the USA and then clear US customs and then be sorted and shipped out individually to North American customers by him. I think he said it would take another 2-3 weeks until we got them into our hands.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back